Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Superman Vs. Batman a reality??? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Superman Vs. Batman a reality???
Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 07-10-2002 04:02 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have read that Wolfgang Peterson, director of Air Force One, has agreed to produce and direct a new Superman vs. Batman movie.

HAVE WE ALL LOST OUR MINDS OR WHAT???

I am hoping this is truly just some internet rumor gone awry, but something tells me we are really lame enough of a country to think that this is a good idea.

Forget the fact that Darren Aronofsky is directing Batman:Year One, and Charlies Angels director McG is directing the next superman film. Why do we need this?

Besides, Peterson is already busy right now developing a big screen version of Enders Game anyway, so Once again I hope this is just internet rumor crap.

Anyone hear about this? Please tell me its crap!!!

Dave

|  IP: Logged

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-10-2002 06:13 AM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really dont read the rumors much, but I have heard in the past that they were planning a Superman vs. Batman movie bt never heard who was supposed to direct.
Also, last I heard was Aronofsky is no longer doing Batman: Year One.

Im sick of superheros.

------------------
Find me online
AOL: Dexter Caldwell
yahoo!: dexter_caldwell

"It is the opinion of the entire staff the Dexter is criminally insane."

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-10-2002 07:16 AM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw on the CNN ticker last night that someone was directing a Batman vs. Superman. Realiry or hype? You be the judge... Either way, I'm disgusted with the idea.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 07-10-2002 09:05 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, First off this was reported in Variety. Secondly it is not a verses each other type of movie. The title is called Worlds Finest with a possable 2004 release. I am looking forward to this possability and it should not effect the possable individual releases of a Batman or a Superman movie.

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-10-2002 10:19 AM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Petersen directing a Superman/Batman movie has been a rumor for a very long time, and now it's been confirmed. Andrew Kevin Walker wrote the script. When I heard this news yesterday, I said, "Man, they better call it WORLD'S FINEST... Nah, that'll never happen." But if these guys really are cool enough to call it WORLD'S FINEST, then it just might work. Maybe. If not, then we still we have the Aronofsky BATMAN and the McG SUPERMAN to look forward to, and how could either of those movies be bad?

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 07-10-2002 12:03 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be interesting to see what music video guru McG does to superman, as for Aronofsy dropping from Batman:Year One, that would be sad if true.

If this movie, apparently real, directed by a real director, called "Worlds Finest"??? Sorry but that title bites!!!

"Worlds Finest"??? Sounds like Salad Dressing, like Newmans Own.

The more I look at that title, the more I realize I still hate it. It just makes me think of blue cheese dressing. I hate that stuff.

Dave

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-10-2002 12:25 PM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave,

Pretty much every Superman/Batman team-up since the dawn of time has been titled WORLD'S FINEST. Naming this movie anything else would be not good.

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-10-2002 03:01 PM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Confirmed yesterday by Variety and the Hollywood Reporter.

Yes, the title is Batman vs. Superman. Yes, Wolfgang Petersen -- director of The Perfect Storm and Das Boot -- is doing it. And yes, Warner Bros. has this pegged as a tentpole for 2004.

Since this is a "Clash of the Titans" let's cast Ahnold as Superman and Sylvester Stallone as Batman

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2002 03:29 AM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Yes, the title is Batman vs. Superman."

Grrr. Damn them. I knew WORLD'S FINEST was too cool and logical to be the real title.

David Rigby
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2002 12:18 PM      Profile for David Rigby   Email David Rigby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They could always go for World's Crappiest instead!

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2002 12:51 PM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"They could always go for World's Crappiest instead!"

No, they can't use that because that's what they're calling the new X-MEN movie.

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 07-11-2002 01:01 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Superman wins. Now you don't have to buy a ticket and go see the mmovie. You don't have to screen it. Superman wins. Don't read the ads....Superman wins if anyone tells you anything different..don't believe them because "Superman" the kid from Smallville who is now living in Metropolis Wins. Why does he win? He is Superman.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 07-11-2002 01:15 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why would Superman be fighting Batman in the first place?

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-11-2002 02:07 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bet they'll be 'at odds' for some reason in the beginning and at the end, team up to fight some bad dudes. Superman will get stuck somewhere with a Kryptonite rock hung around his neck, and Batman will swoop in to save him. Then Batman will have a building fall on him or something, and Superman will turn back time to save HIM. Then they will team up to save the world. --Yawn--

Just as long as they don't have Nic Cage playing Supe, I will be happy. That was the worst idea since Stallone was supposed to play Axel Foley.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 07-11-2002 02:21 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, they did do something right when they cast Stallone as Rambo. One of the many they were looking at were Paul Newman. I'm like O.......K.........

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: