Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Star Trek X trailer now online... not bad... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Star Trek X trailer now online... not bad...
Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 06-26-2002 10:03 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The new trailer for star trek X is now online. Check it out at this link....
www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/star_trek_nemesis/large.html

I thought it was pretty good as far as trailers go.

Dave

|  IP: Logged

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-26-2002 10:09 PM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was that Jean-Luc getting jiggy with it?

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-26-2002 11:06 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting. But questions, questions, questions.

Who's the bald dude? And who exactly is the nemisis? I know the Romulans are in the movie, and I know their sheild (although a highly modified version) is the logo for the movie, but from watching the trailer they don't exactly look like the bad guys. And why did they change the sheild? Just to make it look cool for the movie? (I hate when they do stuff like that. Like, why did they change the uniform when First Contact was made?) Also, was that Lore???? And the trailer said "A Generation's Final Journey Begins" (or something very similar to that). Does this mean this is the last TNG movie?

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2002 02:09 AM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe they finally came to the realization that DS9 is infinitely better than all of the other Star Trek series put together, and they're gonna start making movies with those characters instead of the TNG guys. Of course, that would kinda destroy the entire point of DS9, so maybe they shouldn't do that. I know! Why not get Ira Steven Behr to take over, but still make TNG movies? That would be so cool! Which is, of course, exactly why they won't do that. But now I'm just rambling.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 06-27-2002 09:18 AM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Totally!

Can't wait to get trailers for that one.

There's a saying that the "even numbers" of the Star Trek movies are the good ones...

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2002 10:59 AM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Manny said, "There's a saying that the "even numbers" of the Star Trek movies are the good ones..."

Yeah, I can see that. 2, 4 and 6 were really good (6 was awesome!), and 1, 3 and 5 were just blah. Generations (7) sucked, and First Contact (8) was one of the best. However, I thought of the three TNG movies, Insurrection (9) was the best.

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2002 11:27 AM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
5 was just blah? 5 was just blah??? 5 had William Shatner match wits with God, and win! How can you top that? I love 5. It was directed by the man himself. BTW, did anyone else notice how the beginning of MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 2 was a big rip-off of the beginning of STAR TREK 5? Everybody wants to be Shatner. Even Tom Cruise.

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2002 12:08 PM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They should make a "Voyager" movie, and bring back everyone from the first season. Kes was always my favorite and could kick that borg lady's butt any day! As the series progressed, I also noticed Neelix's role reduced to just cameos. The show turned into nothing more than 7-of-9 malfunctioning and putting the crew in danger every episode.

Oh, and bring back Janeway's hair style from Season 1 too. No matter how many times they had to "brace for impact" that bun never moved an inch!

=TMP=

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-27-2002 12:42 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Neelix reminds me of "Snarf" from the old Thundercats cartoon. They look the same and they are both just as annoying.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 06-27-2002 01:05 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BTW that's my favorite pic of Joe.

It probably will change again real soon, so for those of you wondering which one of the dozen or so pics I am referencing, it is the one with him pointing at us.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 06-27-2002 01:22 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
William Shatner matching wits with god? Shatner IS a god! A multi-talented performer who can do it all: act, direct, sing, and probably some stuff we don't even know about.

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2002 01:27 PM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, truer words were never spoken.

Don't forget, he's also a writer (of film, television, literature, and poetry), producer, horse-back rider, and paint-ball player. He can even rap!

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 06-27-2002 01:33 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
William Shatner

Darren Crimmins
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2002 03:07 PM      Profile for Darren Crimmins   Email Darren Crimmins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
y'all are kidding about the William Shatner acting and singing......right?

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2002 03:23 PM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you heard his cover of LUCY IN THE SKY WITH DIAMONDS? It's amazing. And then there's MR. TAMBOURINE MAN, where he just yells at the Tambourine Man. "Hey! Mr. Tambourine Man!" It's great.

In all seriousness, I do think that the man's a genius. He is very good actor. I think that in recent years, he's become a wonderful comedian. And I have a lot of respect for his willingness to make fun of himself.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: