Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Up and Coming Trip to Texas (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Up and Coming Trip to Texas
Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 06-23-2002 05:31 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and I are taking a trip to Texas to visit Brad, Ethan Harper, Don Sneed, James Hammond, and hopefully Bobby Henderson (but we have not heard from him yet.) On the way, Pat Moore is going to arrange a tour of Strong International's facilities.

This trip will be in the week of 21 July 2002. I will be leaving Washington State and headed for North Dakota probably the 19th or 20th of July. Maybe I can drop in on Mike in Forsyth, Montana again.

If you are in our projected road trip path, please let either Josh or I know, and if we can make it fit into our schedule, we would like to drop in and at least say hello.

We will have some digital cameras to take pictures of your theatres, and probably have a couple of video cameras with us as well. Many of the pictures we take will more than likely be passed on to Brad for posting if he so desires.

Hope to see some of you soon.

Paul

|  IP: Logged

Gerard S. Cohen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2002 05:57 PM      Profile for Gerard S. Cohen   Email Gerard S. Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a great trip!

I wish you and Josh a happy trip--you'll be among fine friends!

If you can get to San Antonio, try to visit Jack Judson's Magic Lantern Castle on a highway several miles from town. Jack built a home as part of a castle museum with the most fantastic collection
of magic lanterns, from child size to triple limelight brass and mahogony monsters. He puts on shows as they did in the 19th C.
I visited twice, when Jack hosted the Movie Machine Society, and enjoyed it immensely.

<A HREF="http://www.magiclanterns.org">http://www.magiclanterns.org</A>
castle@magiclanterns.org

While in S.A., the River Walk is a fun place for a stroll, or barge ride in the cool of the evening, where you can dine on the water or riverside.

[ 01-24-2003, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Gerard S. Cohen ]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-24-2002 12:27 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well if you pass through Denver let me know. I have an IMAX screening room. J/K

Ethan Harper
E-dawggg!!!

- posted 06-24-2002 01:42 PM      Profile for Ethan Harper   Email Ethan Harper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will you be bringing hot dogs from washington with you or will I have to suffice with my home town dogs?

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 06-24-2002 02:10 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gerard, thank you.

Joe, someday I'll come through your area.....Probably depends on if I win another load of junk from Ebay that is just too expensive to ship, like those damn BVH-1100's I carted back a couple of months ago.

Ethan, I didn't win a weenie roller at Sho-West to bring with me.

Jeff Stricker
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2002 07:35 PM      Profile for Jeff Stricker   Email Jeff Stricker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you guys are coming thru Indiana, you are certainly welcome to stop by Amateur radio shack/screening room and check out my old Brenkerts plus all the other oddies I've got lying around

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-25-2002 08:42 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uh oh, you said "Brenkerts". Now they'll make a side trip to your place no matter how far out of the way it is! They'll want to make sure that your Brenkerts aren't leaking as much oil as theirs. But I'm sure you won't let yourself be outdone and you'll find an easy way for yours to leak much more oil!

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 06-26-2002 01:27 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff, thank you for the invite. Unfortunately, we only have about 7 days alloted for this trip, and we have to stay on the southern track as much as possible from the West Fargo, North Dakota line.

I have some very good friends in Evansville, and maybe in the next year or so I might be making a trip that way to see them. When that happens, I'll be very happy to drop in and say hello.

Joe, we run STP in ours...

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 06-26-2002 02:29 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While you're travelling the continent to check out Brenkerts you could come 'up here to Canada' and check out the two in town here. Last time I checked the Canadian Maple Syrup that we run in them is thick enough to only leak out entirely once every two weeks. Heck that's what those cookie sheets filled with oil absorbent are for anyway.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-26-2002 05:05 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an idea. How about everyone within 500 miles of Dallas all meet here on the specified day that Josh and Paul are to arrive and we have ourselves a little gathering/movie festival? Any takers?

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-26-2002 06:50 AM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any time Monday thru Wednesday and if I know a couple weeks in advance I will see what I can do.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 06-26-2002 01:32 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our projected arrival date in the Dallas area is Friday, 26 July 2002. Brad, that is very kind of you to think of that idea. Thank you.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-26-2002 01:51 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, that would be millions and millions of people, and your screening room only seats a few hundred thousand. Perhaps you should just limit it to Film-Techers.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-26-2002 02:39 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Does that even need to be said, Joe? I thought that was assumed along with "only the cool people with forum pictures".

Hey here's another idea. We could get a bunch of pieces of paper and write down the name of each local theater and put it in a hat. Then Josh can blindly pull one out, where the entire group will travel to that theater to screen their oldest print. Then we can drive the manager to quit after putting up with all of our critiqing!

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-26-2002 03:57 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now THAT sounds like an awesome idea! Imagine 100 of us all complaining about the same movie simultaneously completely surrounding the manager!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: