Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » SHAMELESS PLUG!

Author Topic: SHAMELESS PLUG!
John Lasher
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2002 01:31 AM      Profile for John Lasher   Author's Homepage   Email John Lasher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
VIZZIT MYE SYTE AWN MP3.COM

visit my site on mp3.com

wenn Sie bitte, besuchen das slottermeier an mp3.com

bonjour, ami ou toute autre personne, visitez mon site à l'intérieur de de mp3.com

alto allí, usted diablo rojo del handsom usted, visita mi se sienta encima del vector llamado bomba del befor I de mp3.com que el terminal de componente en usted tiene gusto del agua

queste traduzioni devono per gli scopi comic soltanto e non devono essere prese seriamente i yak, l' uccello, insetto, all'interno del ballo più slottermeier dell' uccello di out mp3.com

Déplacez votre souris de sorte que la flèche indicatrice soit ici puis presse le bouton ou dirigez votre browser à <A HREF="http://mp3.com/John_Lasher

|  IP: Logged

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 04-02-2002 02:27 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Huh? Me no understand German.....

Gerard S. Cohen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2002 09:12 AM      Profile for Gerard S. Cohen   Email Gerard S. Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried your mp3 website, but can't find a STOP button to turn the music off. The guitar feature selection, "Leyenda" plays only the first bar, then stops, then plays the same bar again, ad infinitum.
The "Play All Selections" plays in low-fi, since I have only a 56k dial-up connection. Takes about 30 secs to buffer (I don't want
to download). While I think it's cool to have a site of your music
preferences, the selections don't turn me on, especially in low fi,
as my computer has a nice 3-speaker HK sound system.
I made the mistake of telling my daughter about mp3 when it first came out, and she went hog wild, uploading and downloading hundreds
of albums simultaneously that will take several lifetimes to listen
to, and bloats the hard drive of the computer. Besides, she's away at college, so nobody listens.
Gerard

Si Tienes Prisa, Paseme Por Encima.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-02-2002 06:34 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hell I can't even find the "Start" button to turn the music on! I'm too busy dealing with pop-ups all over the place. Even when I hit "play" a pop-up window comes up and I have to deal with closing it. I have always hated MP3.com with a passion. Very poorly designed site. Instead they should just offer direct downloads. Nothing is worse than streaming audio or video (or both). If they do offer direct downloads, then the web site is too much of a jumbled mess for me to find it.

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2002 06:36 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats funny, I don't have any problems with it.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-02-2002 06:39 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Update:

I tried the link again and found the small "download" link. It placed a pop-under beneath my browser which I had to close. Then it wanted to know if I was a boy or a girl and I think some other information before I could download. I of course did not feel like wasting my time.

Yes, this is a crusade against MP3.com, not against the artists whose work is there.

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-03-2002 01:19 AM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try right clicking on on the download link and select "save target as"
Then you could avoid all the hassle.
Also check out Flowers to Hide on mp3.com
My friend is the lead guitarist as well as lead singer.
There are only two songs on there (3 if you count the shortened version of SUNDAR YATRA) and 15 MINUTES is the only one of the two they actually play.
Steve actually recorded the tracks with some friends from SLOVAK GIRL (also on mp3.com) before he had a band.
If you live in Houston or Austin (the only two cities they;ve ever played) keep an eye out for them.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-03-2002 01:32 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I saved on the link by right clicking I'd just end up saving the HTML file that the link clicks to.

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-04-2002 12:50 AM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That has happened to me before as well, but only on certain tracks, and I dont know why. And this was after I gave them the info they wanted and everything.
I have no trouble doing this with John's page or the FLOWERS TO HIDE page.

John Lasher
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-04-2002 10:13 PM      Profile for John Lasher   Author's Homepage   Email John Lasher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
>>Huh? Me no understand German.....

Don't worry, it's pig german.

>>The guitar feature selection, "Leyenda" plays only the first bar, then stops, then plays the same bar again, ad infinitum.

I have no control over this part of the site.

>>I tried the link again and found the small "download" link. It placed a pop-under beneath my browser which I had to close. Then it wanted to know if I was a boy or a girl and I think some other information before I could download. I of course did not feel like wasting my time.

>>Try right clicking on on the download link and select "save target as"

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-05-2002 02:54 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right clicked on Download Now link. Saved target as. Downloaded file Don_Juan1.mp3. Download complete and 100% succesful, no interruptions or loss of connection. File size=8k. Non playable in any MP3 player.

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-05-2002 08:41 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some guys just have no luck.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: