Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » R.I.P.- Dudley Moore and Milton Berle

Author Topic: R.I.P.- Dudley Moore and Milton Berle
Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 03-28-2002 12:39 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CNN -- British comedian and actor Dudley Moore has died aged 66 at his home in New Jersey after a long illness.

He died of pneumonia as a complication of progressive supranuclear palsy, his publicist said.

Publicist Michelle Bega said the actor died at 11 a.m. EST on Wednesday of pneumonia as a result of his brain disorder. The funeral arrangements are pending and a memorial service is planned, she said.

Moore suffered from progressive supranuclear palsy, which attacks brain cells and impairs mental and motor functions

Milton Berle, 'Mr. Television,' dead at 93

Milton Berle, the acerbic, cigar-smoking vaudevillian who eagerly embraced a new medium and became "Mr. Television" in the dawn of the video age, died Wednesday, a spokesman said. He was 93.

Berle died at 2:45 p.m. (5:45 p.m. EST) at his home after a lengthy illness, publicist Warren Cowan said. Berle's wife, Lorna, and several family members were at his side.

Berle had been under hospice care for the past few weeks. He had been diagnosed with colon cancer last year. Berle's wife Lorna announced in April 2001 that he was suffering from colon cancer and had decided not to undergo surgery.

|  IP: Logged

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2002 01:51 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First Spike Miligan and now Dudley Moore gone in the space of a few weeks

Another sad loss for British comedy.

" Now is the time to say goodbye
Now is the time to yield a cry"

Time for Dud to join Pete on the eternal park bench .

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 03-28-2002 08:36 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Time for Dud to join Pete on the eternal park bench ." (Dick Vaughn)

Derek and Clive in heaven?
"and in walks Jesus..."
It works for me.

Jonathan Worthing
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2002 10:50 AM      Profile for Jonathan Worthing   Email Jonathan Worthing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"The worst job I ever had" (Derek and Clive live.)

RIP Dudley

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-28-2002 06:50 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed RIP, and now Billy Wilder has passed too. What a bad year for celebrities, and some really great ones at that. They will be sorely missed!
Mark @ GTS

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: