Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Mind Molester (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Mind Molester
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-17-2002 03:02 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Now here's an interesting product...

The "Mind Molester" is an instrument of creative electronic harassment. It is an electronic chirping device that can drive your victims nuts trying to figure out what it is and where it's at. You can drive someone crazy in their own house or disrupt an entire office. Your victim(s) will become obsessed, awaiting the next chirp to try to determine it's location, completely disrupting their normal activities. Just connect this device to a 9 volt battery and plant it in an appropriate location. The "Mind Molester" produces a one-second electronic chirp once every 4 minutes. Due to the chirp's duration, frequency and sound characteristics, it's a very, very difficult, time-consuming, frustrating and maddening task to locate the unit. And even if they find it, they'll have no idea what it is. The number of effective locations to plant the "Mind Molester" is limited only by your imagination. Of course, this device is for use on deserving subjects only. Chirp frequency 2000hz.

...and it's only $19! I wonder who came up with this idea.

|  IP: Logged

Tristan Lane
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-17-2002 03:18 PM      Profile for Tristan Lane   Email Tristan Lane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Ha!

Sounds like a good thing to use on lazy concession workers.

Jerry Chase
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-17-2002 03:25 PM      Profile for Jerry Chase   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody who had a boatload of defective fire alarms to get rid of?

It doesn't sound very creative to me. I've got a little keychain device that has four different short curses on a memory chip, activated by pressing a button. Have one of those puppies stuck somewhere ready to go off at random intervals might be interesting. A boardroom might be an interesting place for one.

"I suppose you are all wondering why I called this meeting..."

"Eat shit!"

"What?!? Who said that?"

One that you could customize could be even more fun.

"Brad, this is the CIA. We have implanted a radio in your mind. Stand by for instructions."

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-17-2002 04:16 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Jerry, if that doesn't excite you, perhaps this one...

"Sonic Nausea" is a small electronic device which can really turn one’s stomach. It generates a unique combination of ultra-high frequency soundwaves which soon leads most in its vicinity to queasiness. It can also cause headaches, intense irritation, sweating, imbalance, nausea, or even vomiting. Hiding this device in your inconsiderate neighbor’s house might put an end to their late-night parties. The abusive bureaucrat’s office, the executive lunchroom... the possibilities are endless for that small portion of inventive payback. The unique soundwave characteristics make directional source determination difficult. Powered by one 9-volt battery (not included). For extended run time six AA batteries in a battery pack with transistor clips (available from most electronics stores) can be used instead. Use with extreme discretion.

A bit more expensive at $39. An industrial strength version is made for $99. Then again I would think simply subjecting someone to MovieTunes would accomplish the same goal.

Jerry Chase
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-17-2002 05:28 PM      Profile for Jerry Chase   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
""Sonic Nausea" is a small electronic device which can really turn one’s stomach. It generates a unique combination of ultra-high frequency soundwaves which soon leads most in its vicinity to queasiness. It can also cause headaches, intense irritation, sweating, imbalance, nausea, or even vomiting. "

Silly boy. That is called a radio.

I think it was back in the late 1960s early 1970s when the French were experimenting with low frequency sound. I think they found it was a focused 5 cps (hertz) that could rip the gut apart. The directed sound of today is even more interesting. Ultrasonic waves can be focused to become additive at a particular point yet inaudible to people in the surrounding area.

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-17-2002 09:25 PM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I shat just reading this!!

Dave Bird
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-17-2002 09:58 PM      Profile for Dave Bird   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there's your million then, if they're going to start selling this , invent a device to locate them!

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 03-17-2002 10:41 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Jerry. And it can play Rap Music, if one would dare call that stuff music.

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-18-2002 12:36 AM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, where are you finding this Sonic Nausea thing?

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-18-2002 01:56 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Ummmm, gee Jim, got someone to nauseate?

These items as well as a few of the George Hayduke books can be found at www.shomertec.com

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 03-18-2002 02:23 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do believe that Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman flirted with this frequency, better known as the "P" noise, or poop noise.

Dave

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 03-18-2002 03:29 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you combine one of these things with a butt candle I'm sure you could produce a highly effective torture device...

Adam Wilbert
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-18-2002 04:03 AM      Profile for Adam Wilbert   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Wilbert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That "mind molestor" is a somewhat common high school electronics class project. My friend had one that he had built. He also had a second one which only chirped if the room was dark. That one was truely genius!

-adam

Jerry Chase
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-18-2002 07:08 AM      Profile for Jerry Chase   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, Leo, you guys are cracking me up... no wait, that might be taken the wrong way.

Dave, imagine a feature length South Park remake of Frank Herbert's "Dune" with the Bene Gesserit Voice weapon being the "P" noise. Respect ma authorita!

Dave Bird
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-18-2002 08:12 AM      Profile for Dave Bird   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could you fire a staff member who planted one of these things in your office?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: