Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Wisconsin Film Fest

Author Topic: Wisconsin Film Fest
Joe Beres
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-09-2002 06:04 PM      Profile for Joe Beres   Email Joe Beres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's that time again! The 4th annual Wisconsin Film Festival is April 4-7 in Madison, Wiscosnin.

More than 130 films—independent, documentary, experimental—from some twenty countries around the world, and from right here in Wisconsin. At least a dozen talks and panels to give you the insider perspective on filmmaking.

Please have a look at the website for more information: www.wifilmfest.org
Let me know if you need any additional information or have any questions.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-09-2002 09:14 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, Are those your eyes on the opening page?

Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-12-2002 12:41 AM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad these films are not playing in one venue. I found it confusing and a pain in the butt driving around to see them last year.The Majestic was my favorite venue.

Joe Beres
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-12-2002 10:21 AM      Profile for Joe Beres   Email Joe Beres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don,
If we only had one venue, then we would only be able to bring 20% of the films. I would recommend parking your car and then walking between the venues, provided getting around is not an issue for you. The distance between the venues is shorter than you may think, and in many cases, with the parking situation and one-way street maze of downtown Madison, it will probably take you less time to walk. Hope you can come back this year, Don!

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-12-2002 09:44 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
YES!
Walk through downtown Madison. Never drive. I was lost there for two days once. They have one way, two way, and no way streets in that town!
It is ok to drive around Madison though........Skydiving in to your favorite location is also showing some promise.
Mark @ GTS

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 03-12-2002 09:50 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Mark. I agree. One thing about driving around Madison, Wisconsin - If you don't know where you are going, you are not going to get there.

Kinda like Seattle!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: