Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » U.S. to Australian exchange rate

Author Topic: U.S. to Australian exchange rate
Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 02-18-2002 08:32 PM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what is the exchange rate? I was hunting around panastereo's website and an item was listed at 1,199. what does this translate to in US dollars?

Josh

|  IP: Logged

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-18-2002 09:13 PM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's within a few cents of 2:1 http://www.uta.fi/~ktmatu/rate-usd.html
It goes up and down about $0.02 but generally hovers at $1.96 oz per US

------------------
Greg Mueller
Amateur Astronomer, Machinist, Filmnut http://www.muellersatomics.com/

Steven Gorsky
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-18-2002 09:19 PM      Profile for Steven Gorsky   Author's Homepage   Email Steven Gorsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can go Here, and it will do the conversion between many different currencies.

Steven Gorsky

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2002 05:40 PM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
XE.com is "The World's Favorite Currency Site". The home page reloads every minute -- and there's a calculator to help you compute how much your dollars are in Euros/yen/sterling/whatever.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 10-03-2002 06:46 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll second http://www.xe.com

It is a fine site and keeps histories of the exchange rates!

Steve

------------------
"Old projectionists never die, they just changeover!"

Oscar Neundorfer
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-04-2002 07:10 AM      Profile for Oscar Neundorfer   Author's Homepage   Email Oscar Neundorfer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Josh,

Panastereo is an American company, and the prices posted on the panastereo.com web site are in US dollars. No conversion is necessary. Were you on panastereo.com ? I did a quick look, and did not see any item priced at $1199.00. Perhaps I missed it, but after looking through our Panastereo price list, I cannot find any of the Panastereo products at that price. Please let me know what you were looking at so I can check this out. The other possibility is that you were on the panalogic.com web site (which is an Australian site) and the price could be as you stated.

Just for information, Panastereo is owned and manufactured by SMART Devices, Inc. since around 1997. It was designed and originally owned by Ray Derrick in Australia, and Ray, a frequent contributor to these forums, is still the guy who designs new Panastereo products and updates existing ones. He is one of the finest design engineers you can find anywhere, whether it be audio equipment, like the Panastereo processor, or control equipment like the Panalogic CA2000 Automation.

I want to make SURE that the information on the panastereo.com website is accurate, so please let me know if you see any discrepancies. Thanks.

------------------
Oscar Neundorfer
Chief Engineer
SMART Devices, Inc.

oscar@smartdev.com

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: