Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » ShoWest/Film-Tech gathering (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: ShoWest/Film-Tech gathering
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-10-2002 03:04 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Film-Tech and CPI have secured a room for everyone to get together this year at ShoWest. It will be on Wednesday evening.

Does anyone (other than Mark) have a *good* suggestion for a place to go afterwards for dinner? As I mentioned in another thread, no seafood or chinese, but everything else considered.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-10-2002 03:45 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remember Brad when U say Mark you're also saying Gord, Kye, Ian, and Aaron. We all discussed this last night on the chat and we feel you should just get a bag of day old Big Macs, join us with them over a the Seafood place and you'll be happy as a peach.
Mark @ GTS www.seafood.com

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-10-2002 03:50 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad,
Forgot to mention that Ian knows of a place that has both seafood and red meat, perhaps a littel raw stuff too. Check with him on this. Might be a good place to go.
Mark @ GTS

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-10-2002 03:50 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope Mark, you fellas are on your own. You could throw a steak in front of me, but with the stench of seafood in the air it mine as well be a fresh doggy turd.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 02-10-2002 03:54 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The biggest buffet in Vegas is the Belageo's and they have excellent steaks roast beef pork venison seafood italian and chineese in one place. Something for everyone

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-10-2002 03:56 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad,
Good seafood does not have a stench to it.

Gord,
Thats the place U mentioned last night. Its fairly close by if I remember correctly. The breakfast buffet at Bally's is also realy good.
Mark @ GTS

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-10-2002 04:03 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eating isn't the problem in Las Vegas, deciding is the problem.

At Paris

- Les Artistes Steakhouse - French Steakhouse
- Mon Ami Gabi - Parisian brasserie
- Le Provencal - Italian style restaurant with French flair (Ky and I had quite a good meal here last year.)
- Le Village Buffet - Dishes from five French provinces (Allways had a line)
- Le Café Île St. Louis - French coffee shop
- JJ's Boulangerie - French bakery (Good place for Coffee and pastery)
- du Parc - Seasonal Café
- La Chine - Hong Kong-style concept
- Ortanique - Caribbean with Jazz music

At Bally's

Al Dente
Bally's Stealhouse
The Big Kitchen Buffet (Site of the TFF Tech Breakfast)
Chang's at Bally's
Sidewalk Cafe (This Denny's wannabe is the site of many high powered meals before the trade show starts.)
Sterling Brunch

And you haven't even left the property.

If you walk accross the street to Bellagio, you will find:

Le Cirque (Yes, that Le Cirque!)
Circo (like Le Cirque (same kitchen)without the tie and the attitude)
Necter
Prime Steakhouse
Picasso
Aqua
Noodles
Jasmine
Olives
Chintaro
The Buffet, Set in the atmosphere of a European marketplace, The Buffet features Italian, Japanese, Chinese and American cuisine as well as an elaborate seafood selection. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner daily.

The options are endless.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-10-2002 04:09 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Markster, the "stench" of seafood is not only smell, but sight as well as far as I am concerned. I simply do not like seafood in the least bit and will not be around it, so please stop wasting your efforts on trying to convince me to eat at a place that serves seafood. You will have a better chance of getting a lifelong die hard vegetarian to chow down on a big steak before getting me into a seafood place. It is just not going to happen. Go enjoy a cockroach of the sea (I think you guys call them lobsters) without me.

Is that clear enough, or should I reword?

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 02-10-2002 04:21 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay here is a solution since the show is more than one day long

TUESDAY NIGHT SEAFOOD at the RIO
WED NIGHT FILMTECH DRINKS and RED MEAT at a suitable place( not that establishment in the dessert that Bob Maar is always talking about )

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 02-10-2002 05:32 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And for off-Strip, non-hotel, locals kind of places I'll put in:

Great Mexican and margaritas: Lindo Michocan On DI between Eastern & Pecos
British pub and grub: Crown & Anchor On Tropicana east of Maryland Pkwy
Best Japanese buffet (sorry Brad): Makino On Decatur north of Flamingo

I admit to the downside of needing transportation to get to these, but they're worth it.

Cheers!

Paul

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 02-10-2002 06:12 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Monday night would be a good crown and anchor night with some newcastle brown or do they have Tetleys best bitter

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-10-2002 07:12 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can live with Gords suggestion of Tuesday For fish and Wed for red meat. Sounds fine to me. Just let everyone know when and where.
Mark @ GTS

P.S.: Brad, I'll bring U a bag of fresh carrots!

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-10-2002 07:41 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Brad,
You are going to be there all three days right? Since U will be we should split up and do several nights of different dinners for Film-Tech. This would encompass everyones eating desires. This way all your suppliers and vendors will get to meet U (finally) and spend some time with U. Plan on it taking quite some time to get through just one booth at Showest. Its never been easy to get a through meeting with everyone there. Believe me, its never a one day affair for anyone. I'm assuming you will also be spending time in the CPI booth with Dave and Ron promoting Film-Guard at least some of the time each day....and Film-Tech as well.
Mark @ GTS

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 02-10-2002 08:26 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well if we have to do two or more dinners then so be it. One of the nights at SHoWest I will be dining with my boss at Z-Tejas (Gord, Mark: they have Newcastle on tap there)

As far as the seafood part goes, its Rio or nothing for me.

As far as any other buffet we can figure this out before we go.

-Aaron

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 02-10-2002 08:42 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay lets set Tuesday as the RIO night
wed is redmeat night then after film tech
and I gues Monday is newcastles

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: