Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Olympics Opening Ceremony

Author Topic: Olympics Opening Ceremony
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-08-2002 11:32 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, even though it was less than a mile from my house I went over to some friends and watched in with them on tv, downed a pound of shrimp or so in preperation for the "Film-Tech Seafood Buffet Night".. I thought it was the best opening ceremony I had ever seen done. Pretty cool letting Speilberg help carry in the Olympic flag. He said it was the highest honor that could have ever been bestowed on him. Everyone in the ceremony seemed to be having a great time taking part in it. Kudos to Prez G.W.B. for sitting in the stands with the American Athletes. As much as saying that the terrorists will never win.
Mark @ GTS

|  IP: Logged

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 02-09-2002 12:55 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Olympics?

BAH!

I cannot stand watching a bunch of pumped up steroid junkies. It is worse than football, and that is not saying much.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-09-2002 01:27 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
"Film-Tech Seafood Buffet Night"??? I don't think so Mark. At least not if I'm around.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-09-2002 09:18 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, Yes indeed! There will be a bunch of us repeating repeating last years dinner over at the Rio Gord, Kye, Ian, Aaron, and myself and whoever else wants to join us this year. You'd better start developing your taste for shellfish.

Paul,
I would agree with your statement regarding the Summer Olympics but the Winter stuff is different. The winter stuff is when the real talent comes out. Steroids or not I'd never attempt the Ski jump like those people do, or go down hill at 60 mph! Also this year watch for some very talented figure skaters do quadrupal axels or what ever the heck they call it. These folks definately have guts. I agree with your assessment of football completely though, I'd rather spend a Sunday afternoon watching the rotating jaws spin inside an Ashcraft Arc Lamp.
Mark @ GTS

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 02-09-2002 12:37 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with you on the ceremonies mark. They were quite stunning. I have always hated these things, but the use of the audience to help put on the show, both visually and musically, was quite fun to watch. And the icing on the cake was seeing the 1980 hockey team completely reuinited for the first time since 1980 to light the cauldron as a team. That was really exciting to see that.

As for steroids... I am a living breating example of what good steroids can do. I have been in enough accidents that without them I would be a skinless wheelchair bound nobody. I love steroids!!!

True the summer olympics are just boring as crap, but I think the possibility of someone catching an updraft during a ski jump and carrying them into some power cables is pretty high.

Dave

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 02-09-2002 12:38 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seafood Yuck! Yuck! Yuck!

The Olympics both Winter and Summer are terrific. I get mesmerized by the abilities of these wonderful people who have trained and are doing this for their countries. I will watch as as long as the games are being played.

Oh, Yes I love the game of Football. Go Jets!!!

Tom Fermanian
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-09-2002 08:31 PM      Profile for Tom Fermanian   Email Tom Fermanian   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Olympics, Foot Ball, Baseball, bleah= anything too good on the tube is no good for movie theatre business, Hey just preaching for our livelyhood!

------------------

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-09-2002 09:49 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Mark, but I will NOT be there if seafood is involved. The official Film-Tech gathering will be held at a non-seafood establishment with my pal Bob Maar.

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 02-10-2002 02:59 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, are you taking nominations for an "official" Film-Tech ShoWest meeting site? New thread?

Paul

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-10-2002 03:01 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
No I haven't really bothered as of yet, but I suppose we can...

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: