Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Austin Powers 3 Trailer (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Austin Powers 3 Trailer
Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 12-26-2001 03:23 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you all seen the new Austin Powers 3 trailer? Am I the only one who thinks it looks horribly bad? Is the presence of midgets supposed to be absolutely hilarious for some reason? Or are the midgets in there only for the trailer? I hope that's the case, as a movie full of midgets really does not sound appealing or funny. I had a hard enough time enduring "mini-me". A "mini-Austin" is not needed, nor are "mini-everything elses". Ug.

|  IP: Logged

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 12-26-2001 08:07 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Howcome you don't morph into a mini- ?

John Schulien
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-26-2001 01:15 PM      Profile for John Schulien   Email John Schulien   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never seen a trailer that made me want to not
see a movie as much as that "Mini Austin" trailer.

Paul Harnden
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-26-2001 01:49 PM      Profile for Paul Harnden   Email Paul Harnden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really doubt the whole movie is about mini-austins and such. It's just a gimmick for the audience, I kind of enjoyed it, thought it was amusing. The real movie I believe stars Britney Spears and'll prolly pick up from where the last one started.

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-26-2001 05:25 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, I agree. Through most of the trailer, I thought the the film didn't star Mike Myers and just had midgets in it. Still didn't make me want to see the film.

Andy Muirhead
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-26-2001 06:26 PM      Profile for Andy Muirhead   Email Andy Muirhead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I laughed when i saw the trailer in front of LOTR. The impression i got was that it was a teaser, and the dwarfs etc were just to make the idea of a mini-austin powers funnier. I certainly didn't get the impression the teaser was in any way indicitive of the film.

I always hated the austin powers character. Dr Evil was always the one that made me laugh ('you are the diet coke of evil, just one calorie, not evil enough'). And mini-me was also excellent in the second one.

In my opinion the only humourless aspect of the films are the Austin Powers character, who's double entendres are quite frankly boring, and very unfunny.

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-27-2001 05:06 PM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that it was just a way to shoot a funny teaser without having to have Mike Meyers present. He probaby was too busy shooting another movie or something.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 12-27-2001 05:39 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the spoof of the "Goldfinger" opening titles and the title "Goldmember" made me chuckle. But that was about it.

Melany Lowe
Film Handler

- posted 12-29-2001 04:45 PM      Profile for Melany Lowe   Email Melany Lowe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know about you guys,but whenever they make trilogy it always seems to get spoilt (I am talking about the movies) it always seems to get too unrealistic or just turns to absolute crap! I think the Austin Powers movies will really suck if they make another,there is enough humour and forfilment in the ones they have made already that they don't need to make another film to top it off and SPOIL IT!! And besides Mike Myers is getting old (and I know they can do amazing things with make-up these days) maybe that is why the trailor has the dwarfs in it??
I am sorry if this has hurt anyones feelings due to my opinions!
Does anybody else think the same way I do?

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-29-2001 11:56 PM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate to break it to you, but Austin Powers probably won't stop at three. Notice how the second movie wasn't even referred to as Austin Powers 2 it was called "Austin Powers: The Spy who shagged me" and the new one "Austin Powers in Gold Member". They will just keep making more until they stop making money. Franchise Baby!

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-30-2001 02:06 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody know if this trailer is out on the internet anywhere?

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-31-2001 02:38 AM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try http://www.apple.com/trailers

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-31-2001 04:00 AM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just watched it silent (my headphones are broken) looks kind of um interesting.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-01-2002 10:46 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am a huge Austin Powers fan. Not so much of the character (I have to agree somewhat, but not completely, with Andy), but of the movies. Yes, I too especially love Dr. Evil. I think the new teaser is absolutely hilarious. Can't wait for the movie. That's just my $.02.

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-02-2002 12:44 PM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have to agree with Ken L. I saw the trailer yesterday in front of The Royal Tenenbaums. This summer will definitely have a lot more than overhyped episodes or pro-war propaganda!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: