Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Christmas (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Christmas
Alan Plester
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-23-2001 11:12 AM      Profile for Alan Plester   Email Alan Plester   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As my computer will be having a small rest over the festive season, I would like to wish every one of you in the industry,
A VERY HAPPY AND PEACEFUL CHRISTMAS TIME, AND A
BIG BUSINESS NEW YEAR.

|  IP: Logged

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 12-24-2001 05:26 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll back you up on that one. And while I'm sitting here in 35c degree heat (95f) I'll be thinking of you when I open my first of what will hopefully be the first of many gifts containing bottles of 12 year old scotch.

Bottoms up film-techers!

Cheers.

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-24-2001 12:02 PM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since my computer also will be on hiatus I wish fellow Film-Techers season's greetings, happy holidays, Merry Christmas, Joyeux Noel, Feliz Navidad . . .

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 12-24-2001 04:31 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish everyone out there a Merry Christmas....God bless you all...

Rick Long
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-24-2001 06:10 PM      Profile for Rick Long   Email Rick Long   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like many of you, I too shall be working Christmas day. I wish everyone, a very merry Christmas.

Keith Peticolas
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-24-2001 09:01 PM      Profile for Keith Peticolas   Email Keith Peticolas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello from freezing Alaska. Wishing all Film-Techers a very happy holiday. And a really good new year.

Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-24-2001 10:10 PM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well it's finally finished raining (pouring)the sun is out and it's a scorcher on Christmas Day,looking forward to a few days rest ,back to work on Sat. as the planes still need to fly (Air New Zealand) looking forward to the New Year as I start to assemble my Screening room (sorry no xenons) Wish you all well on this holiday season ,as we hope for a more peaceful New Year......well we can only hope.

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 12-25-2001 10:34 AM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas to all the Film-Tech family, and may you all have a prosperous New Year as well..

Aaron Sisemore
Chief Technician
Cinema West Theatres
http://www.cinema-west.com

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-25-2001 03:29 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's Christmas Day and I am here at my theatre. There's a good crowd and they seem to be in a good mood. I seem to be selling a lot of coffee this morning.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-25-2001 04:19 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Am here in Seattle at my sisters for the holidays. Saw Lord Of The Rings on the not so impressive Seattle not Cinerama screen yesterday. My sisters hubby is a gourmet cook so don't be surprised if my next Film-Tech photo can't fit all of me in. Merry Christmas to all!!
Mark @ GTS

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 12-25-2001 04:31 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well it's Christmas day...all presents delivered (and received). I'm happy to say that I am not working today!!! My wife just left for work (5pm EST). But not until we had our Christmas dinner (Ham and Potatos).

I hope all is well with everyone and they have an uneventful holiday season except for tremendous business!

Steve

------------------
"Old projectionists never die, they just changeover!"

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-25-2001 08:56 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas to all!

Tonight, it's supposed to get down to 19 degrees here in Huntsville, AL. It always seems to be mild until the week of Christmas, then it typically gets quite cold here. My parents and I had our usual turkey and dressing dinner, which is a treat this time of year. With my parents ages being 73 (father) and 66 (mother), I hope we have several more Christmas seasons where we're all healthy.

I just got back from my parents' house and just logged in after not touching a computer for over 28 straight hours!

------------------
Evans A Criswell
Huntsville-Decatur Movie Theatre Information Site

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 12-25-2001 10:53 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Evans,

If it is any hope...I had Christmas Eve dinner with my folks...Dad is 83 and Mom is her upper 70s (not polite to give a lady's age ). Of course Dad can still out run me for distance...last I checked he still jogs several miles a day.

Regardless of age, isn't the key to make all of the time with loved ones count?

Steve

------------------
"Old projectionists never die, they just changeover!"

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-26-2001 12:10 AM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the first Christmas in 10 years I have spent NOT at a theater, and it certainly didn't feel right (my current non-theater job gave us Christmas off.) I hope to be back at a theater by next Christmas- how can anyone say no to someone who actually LIKES working on Christmas???

Mike Judge
Film Handler

- posted 12-26-2001 01:20 AM      Profile for Mike Judge   Email Mike Judge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, I've loved working Christmas night. For the most part, people are in a good mood, there's nothing to do outside of work. And personally I'm always a bit depressed. All the fun stuff happened during the day! That's just how it is for me. Oh yeah! Time and a half. I'm such a whore!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: