Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Royal Tenenbaums Soundtrack

Author Topic: Royal Tenenbaums Soundtrack
Tal Marks
Film Handler

- posted 12-18-2001 11:11 PM      Profile for Tal Marks   Author's Homepage   Email Tal Marks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The movie, "THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS" was scheduled to be released with Elliott Smith singing his rendition of "Hey Jude" by The Beatles in the opening sequence. Our print contains an instrumental version of the song with no lyrics until the end of the song. I've read from several web sources conflicting information regarding the subject (either the instrumental version was left in or most likely, the Elliot Smith version was used).

Just want to hear what you guys have heard that are running it or have already seen it.

thanks

|  IP: Logged

Brian Hogan
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-22-2001 03:27 AM      Profile for Brian Hogan   Email Brian Hogan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
id like to see it... too bad it wont be comming to my part of town until january... bastard distributors!

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-22-2001 10:01 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im a member of the LAWNWRANGLERS e-mail list, and there have been posts from people who have reported both versions being screened.
I dont remember if one was an earlier version and one was made later or what the case is.

I have the soundtrack, and there is no
Hey Jude on there at all.
Maybe the rights were too expensive for that like they were with the Rolling Stones track that was in RUSHMORE.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: