Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Evans Criswell - Fresh or Not?

Author Topic: Evans Criswell - Fresh or Not?
John Hazelton
Film Handler

- posted 12-13-2001 02:59 PM      Profile for John Hazelton   Author's Homepage   Email John Hazelton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For some goofy reason someone at work forwarded the following web site to other employees:
http://www.howfreshisthisguy.com/index_all.shtml

I had no idea what it was, but I had a look (though I still don't really know what it is).

I was looking at the photos, and amazingly, I saw a familiar face in the tenth row down, second column.

Or should I never have brought this up in the first place?

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 12-13-2001 04:09 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
WTF?

I even read his mission statement and still don't know what it's about.

All your fresh are belong to us.

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-13-2001 04:12 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I discovered this site long ago while doing a search on my name. It's kinda funny.

------------------
Evans A Criswell
Huntsville-Decatur Movie Theatre Information Site

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 12-13-2001 05:18 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't recognize you at first there Evans.

I wasn't sure if this was an insult or not, but Jesco White is on there too. That's pretty cool!

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-13-2001 09:58 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Brad, do you recognize the dude below?

------------------
Evans A Criswell

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 12-13-2001 10:06 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who the hell is Jesco White?

Dwayne Caldwell
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-13-2001 11:10 PM      Profile for Dwayne Caldwell   Email Dwayne Caldwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You don't know who Jesco White is Joe!? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Jesco White is THE dancing outlaw! Tap dancing hillbilly extraordinare! The PBS documentary is hilarious. At first I thought it was a joke, but the contest where the family members drove their trucks around and around in circles seeing who could kick up the most mud with their tires in the backwoods felt a little too real to me. I don't know what the name to describe the sport is, but I'm sure it's hillbilly in origin. And anyone that proudly brags about the number of squirrels they have shot annually must be the real deal.

------------------
The man with the magic hands.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 12-14-2001 12:23 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha ha! I'm sure glad Joe asked that question. I was thinking the exact same thing, only I thought he was someone important that I should have known, like Thomas Jefferson. I really must watch PBS more often. Obviously, The Learning Channel isn't cutting it.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 12-14-2001 03:43 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Dwayne, you forgot that Jesco is also really Elvis.

I will now play John Pytlak...

Click here for a short sound clip of Jesco.

Jesco in the IMDB

A Jesco White fan page

Report about Jesco going to jail for assaulting his wife.

You can order his documentary here.

Jacob Young (the director) interview.

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-14-2001 09:59 AM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool. I didn't know who Jesco was until this thread came along. I think this is the first thread with my name in the title of the thread.

For some more pictures of me that you won't recognize (like the one above where I was 19 with short hair), look at
http://home.hiwaay.net/~criswell/pictures/old_st01.html

Most people that knew me before I grew my hair out would recognize many of the pictures of the "younger me", but nobody I've met during the past 9 years would, since I started growing the hair in 1991.

I guess I got on the "fresh guy" site because in the site description, it mentioned collecting links to websites made by guys that present themselves in a way that seems "guileless and honest". My personal WWW site was oriiginally made on March 2, 1995, back when having a WWW page was the new, cool thing to do. WWW pages back then could be simple, and it was the content that mattered more than the looks. I used my WWW page as a way to express myself, and back then, I "opened up" much more than I do now about things. Note that my name is not even on my main home page anymore (it just says "The Long-Haired Dude". I did some reorganization of my WWW site back in 1996 and 1997, but the site has been mostly unchanged since 1997. In fact, I've removed some things that I felt might be telling people a little too much about myself. I've thought about putting some of my poems on the site, but never have.

------------------
Evans A Criswell

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 12-14-2001 07:18 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Evans you need to Photoshop a beard, long hair and some glasses onto those younger pics of you! I like the final picture where you have the tinted "Mr. Suave" or "Mr. Las Vegas Singer" style glasses on.

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-15-2001 07:59 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Evans you need to Photoshop a beard, long hair and some glasses onto those younger pics of you! I like the final picture where you have the tinted "Mr. Suave" or "Mr. Las Vegas Singer" style glasses on.

Well, Mr. Morph, I think you might be more talented at that sort of thing than I am. Try taking the black and white "19-year-old" picture above and putting long hair on it. I fear that eventually, I'll end up with a bunch of strange pictures that change every time someone hits the reload button. I've tried the long hair thing in Photoshop, but I never could make it look natural. I'm sure there are people out there that can do it.

------------------
Evans A Criswell

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: