Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Neat Movie Theatre For Sale On E-Bay

Author Topic: Neat Movie Theatre For Sale On E-Bay
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-10-2001 05:36 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Item # 1673797724
It even includes a new platter system and zenon bulb. I can also bet that there are at least two of them big cameras in that room off the back of the auditorium, and that one of them takes them long weldin rods to make the light come on.
Mark @ GTS

|  IP: Logged

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-11-2001 12:21 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I can also bet that there are at least two of them big cameras in that room off the back of the auditorium

Why do so many people call projectors "cameras"? Just Friday night, a father was explaining to her little girl: "Look back there. Behind that glass is the camera that projects the image onto the screen."

Has there been ANYTHING that hasn't been sold on E-Bay yet?

------------------
Evans A Criswell
Huntsville-Decatur Movie Theatre Information Site

Bob Healey
Film Handler

- posted 12-11-2001 10:22 PM      Profile for Bob Healey   Email Bob Healey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's a camera? A rectangular box with a lens and a roll of film in it.
What's a projector? A rectangular box with a lens and a roll of film in it
So what's the difference?

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 12-11-2001 11:19 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our word "camera" comes from the Latin, camera obscura, which means "darkened box". (room)
Derived from the name of a device whereby one could make tracings of a scene onto paper through a pin hole aperture.

It seems to me that a movie projector is just the OPPOSITE. A BRIGHT box... a VERY bright box.

Don't bother to explain that to your average "stupid customer". They'll NEVER get it.

("Stupid customer" doesn't mean that all customers are stupid. Just the ones who call a projector "camera". )

Bob Healey
Film Handler

- posted 12-11-2001 11:26 PM      Profile for Bob Healey   Email Bob Healey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Randy Stankey:
Our word "camera" comes from the Latin, camera obscura, which means "darkened box". (room)
Derived from the name of a device whereby one could make tracings of a scene onto paper through a pin hole aperture.
It seems to me that a movie projector is just the OPPOSITE. A BRIGHT box... a VERY bright box.

Especially an IMAX "camera"

I just get to try to explain why the "DVD" is such poor quality, when a VHS has less audible/visible defects - ie pops, scratches, dirt, etc

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: