Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Hey Hey Hey Its Fat Albert! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Hey Hey Hey Its Fat Albert!
Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-20-2001 07:29 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats right--In AOL Top Entertainment News there is a story that
Bill Cosby has completed a script for a Fat Albert Movie! YEA!

But I am looking forward to the Scooby Doo Movie!

|  IP: Logged

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 11-20-2001 07:34 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey-b Will-b!

That-b sounds great-b!

-b

Joe Beres
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-20-2001 07:53 PM      Profile for Joe Beres   Email Joe Beres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was there a director attached to it yet? Last year, David Gordon Green (Director of George Washington, great film) had mentioned a Fat Albert movie as something he might be doing.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 11-20-2001 10:28 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will only see it if it has updated ebonics. It absolutely requires words like "mad tight", "Phiggidy phat", "yo", "word" and the like. And of course "b" must be changed to "g". Ahhhh, updated for the 00's.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-20-2001 11:55 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, what is your obsession with the expressions "mad tight" and "phiggiddy phat"?

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 11-21-2001 01:10 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's the way a lot of people talk nowadays. It sounds so incredibly stupid that I can't help making fun of it! Kind of like Regal Cinemas!

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-21-2001 01:51 AM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey...easy with the low blows.

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-21-2001 07:08 AM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fat who?

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 11-21-2001 07:13 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Chris I think you were actually saying with your retort (deep down) "Loews Blows"...so bashing on Regal is fair game!

Steve

------------------
"Old projectionists never die, they just changeover!"

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2001 08:43 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To echo Michael,"Fat Who?" Must be a culture thang

The only Fat Albert I heard of is a smart looking blue and yellow C130 the Blue Angels use for support.

Not that i wouldn't mind seeing a few shots of it's JATO demonstration on the big screen.

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2001 10:58 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fat Albert is an american Saturday morning TV show from the early '70's. It starred Bill Cosby, and I watched it weekly... considering I was around 16 at the time...

Filmation Studios did the animation.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 11-22-2001 12:34 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Filmation kicks all ass. They were the kings of 5 frames per second animation (if that). Anyone remember their cheesy "Ghostbusters" cartoon that had that big ape? It had nothing to do with the real Ghostbusters, which later became it's own (and much better) cartoon done by the same people who did the GI Joe and Transformers cartoons. Can't remember their name right now. I suck. They were based in Japan, though. Much better artwork.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 11-22-2001 05:15 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids a la Yesterdayland.

and then there's the

Filmation Fan Page

Shazam!

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2001 08:23 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to watch both the Ghostbusters and The Real Ghostbusters. The first one didn't even come close. It was pretty dumb. Real Ghostbusters kicked ass!

And your problem with Regal is??

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2001 11:38 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
uh-oh....i see a fight brewing.

i better get my popcorn

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: