Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Major Plane Crash in New York (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Major Plane Crash in New York
Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 11-12-2001 08:50 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Flt 587 from NY to Santo Domingo Crashed in Queens at 9:15 Stay Tuned.

|  IP: Logged

Bob Maar

- posted 11-12-2001 08:56 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All New York Airports Closed all bridges and tunnels in NY area have been closed. Plane was an Airbus which holds 350 people. Do not know if this is due to terrorism at this time.

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2001 09:44 AM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Current reports have 252 passengers and crew on board .
CNN is reporting that an engine fell off first, then the airplane crashed (leading us to believe it was an accident).

Bob Maar

- posted 11-12-2001 01:36 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
New York is open again.....They do not believe terrorism was involved. Airports have reopened as well as bridges and tunnels.

Rachel Gilardi
Madam Moderator

- posted 11-12-2001 02:32 PM      Profile for Rachel Gilardi   Email Rachel Gilardi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So far (3:28pm) there are 6 adults reported missing on the ground. 161 Bodies recovered, none living. They believe the pilot dumped gasoline over Jamacia Bay. FBI Reports: There was an explosion on the plane in the air.

This is so sad, thank god we have people who care, and keep on caring such as the NY firefighters, NY police officers, all the volenteers, and the port autority police officers.

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2001 05:32 PM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rachel appears to be correct: According to an AP dispatch posted on Drudge Report mechanical failure seems to be why the plane crashed. In other words, the pilot wouldn't be dumping jet fuel if a bomb was aboard.

BTW, on that "recount" story, Drudge Report got it right. The New York Times and the Washington Post got it WRONG!

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2001 06:41 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was half listening to the news and I heard them say flights won't be going out of NY until Wed. at the earliest. How can that be if the airports are open again??

Rachel Gilardi
Madam Moderator

- posted 11-12-2001 07:32 PM      Profile for Rachel Gilardi   Email Rachel Gilardi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ken,
Last I heard the airports were only open for incoming traffic, no planes were to go out. But that was a couple of hours ago.

Bob Maar

- posted 11-12-2001 08:25 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Planes started going out at 6:30PM tonight

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 11-12-2001 10:42 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like it may have blown an engine. If the pilot was dumping fuel, he was trying to lighten the aircraft up so it could fly on one engine. Just a theory.

But I have to admit when I heard of it, my first reaction was for the safety of Bob Maar.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 11-12-2001 10:50 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Strange that you mention that, Paul. I had the same thought the moment I heard about it.

Chad Souder
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2001 10:58 PM      Profile for Chad Souder   Email Chad Souder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so glad I live in Iowa.

------------------
"Asleep at the switch? I wasn't asleep, I was drunk!" - Homer Simpson

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2001 11:34 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm glad I live in Arizona, but one of the terrorists supposedly had training here in Scottsdale, so this stuff can happen anywhere.

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 11-13-2001 12:03 AM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some of these news people are beginning to bug me. First, they said it was a Boeing 767, then a 727, that it was inbound from Florida, etc.

I really think (in an effort to seem like they are on top of the story) they make things up, or totally belive anything anyone says. They always say, "Unconfirmed reports say..." to cover themselves, but that's no excuse.

These are tough times people are going through; more care should be taken. Some journalists seem to only want to make a name for themselves. I miss Walter Cronkite.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 11-13-2001 01:30 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My thoughts were also of Bob Maar, because his post was the first place I heard the bad news, less than an hour after it reportedly happened. After that I decided to check some of the news sites.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: