Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Now Seinfeld's been yanked...

Author Topic: Now Seinfeld's been yanked...
John Wilson
Film God

- posted 10-30-2001 05:56 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From showbizdata.com...

>>SEINFELD EPISODE YANKED BECAUSE OF ANTHRAX SCARE

In the wake of the current anthrax scare, Columbia TriStar television decided to yank a rerun of the classic Seinfeld episode in which the fiancee of character George Costanza dies after licking poisonous glue on wedding invitation envelopes. TV Guide Online quoted a spokesman for the distributor as saying, "Since Sept. 11, [we] have been very sensitive to content in all programming we distribute." The episode had been slated to be rerun on Oct. 22.<<

Yeah, by October 22 everything should be forgotten.

She didn't get anthrax from the bloody envelope...the adhesive gunk you lick was very old stock and she died from the glue!

Maybe they could get Steven Spielberg tochange the envelope to her licking a walkie talkie!

I understand everyone is worried about these things, but isn't this kind of crap just what the terrorists want?

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-30-2001 07:58 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're absolutely correct, Johnny boy! It is what they want!

Colin Wiseley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-31-2001 11:01 AM      Profile for Colin Wiseley   Email Colin Wiseley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The episode which starts with Seinfeld's monolog about selling knifes in airports has been changed. Instead of saying the word "airports" I believe he now says the word "there." I think it now goes something like "Do you ever wonder why they sell knifes in there?" This episode was on just a couple of weeks ago.

------------------
Colin Wiseley
Lyric Theatre
Blacksburg, VA
www.thelyric.com

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 10-31-2001 11:15 AM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have to admit (regarding the Seinfeld episode), it's a "damned if do and damned if they don't" kind of thing. People are sure to complain either way.

Daniel Boisson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-31-2001 12:20 PM      Profile for Daniel Boisson   Email Daniel Boisson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i can see why the studio is trying to be sensative the the issue and keep viewers, but if they were really worried about offending someone, why can't jerry seinfeld just come on for a few seconds at the end and say something.

------------------
...My brain's always wrapped...

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: