Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Go D-backs! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Go D-backs!
Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-28-2001 10:57 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I realize Im probably in the minority here, but GO D-BACKS! Kickin New York's butt so far. But we'll see how it goes...

|  IP: Logged

Rachel Gilardi
Madam Moderator

- posted 10-29-2001 12:53 PM      Profile for Rachel Gilardi   Email Rachel Gilardi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No No No!!!!

I know that probably everyone else on this forumn from the Boston area wants the D-Backs to win but I'm all for the Yanks!

Go Yanks!!!

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2001 01:01 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a realist, so I know what will likely happen in the series, but still gotta cheer my team on But at least if the D-backs completly blow the next 3 games, I think it comes back here for game 7 if Im correct, so we'll have a chance there.

Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2001 02:51 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya, I am rooting for the D-Backs of course. But professional sports to me is really loosing its appeal. Professional sports is all about advertising, high tech equipment and $$. I used to be a very avid bowler. But the game started to loose its appeal with the advent of high tech equipment--instead of a wood laquer lane, ten pins and a hard rubber ball, now you need to spend a fortune on a large varity of high tech equipment for each type of condition--and that still does not guarantee that you will preform! As far as baseball is concerned, Steinbrenner, Billy Martin and those like them did a good job of ruining the game! THe bottom line is and it is a fact, that the team who spends the most for its players will come out on top! So where is the competition and sportsmanship?! Its all about $$ rather than being an athlete and role model!

A short time ago I saw a wonderful stand up comic, I think it was on Jay Leno, who gave a wonderful monologue sports scenario! The comedian acted the part of the sports commentator and every play revolved around advertising! Needless to say that it was realistic and halarious and the comedian recieved one hell of an ovation!

John Schulien
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2001 05:31 PM      Profile for John Schulien   Email John Schulien   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heh ... Being a lifelong Chicago Cubs fan I have to root for the Diamondbacks just because of Luis Gonzalez, Mike Morgan, and especially Mark Grace, who really should have finished his career in Chicago.

Of course, when you start talking about EX-CUBS, you have to consider Ron Berler's 1981 "EX-CUB FACTOR" theory, which notes that no team (except for the 1960 Pirates) with three or more ex-Cubs has ever won the World Series.

Remember ... you heard it here first, and if I'm wrong, you didn't hear nuttin!

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 10-29-2001 06:37 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm rooting for the Diamondbacks. Not that I really have anything against the New York Yankees. I'm just tired of seeing them win over and over and over again. I remember when I lived in New York and how a lot of the fans were there. It was like they expected a World Series title, or a Super Bowl title or Stanley Cup just as a matter of routine. There's almost a kind of arrogant banality about it.

So, I like it when a team that has never been to a World Series or Super Bowl makes it there. It is also a good thing when a team makes it there who hasn't had a victory or appearance in a long time. A World Series appearance by the Red Sox or Chicago Cubs would be good. Teams that don't get to the championship all time are always more hungry for the title and the fans are far more electrified by it. I'm sure people in Phoenix are far more charged up about this series than anyone on the eastern seaboard. That's just how it goes.

The Arizona Diamondbacks are making their first World Series appearance and may go on to have their first series victory. That's an important milestone, even for a young expansion team. It is hard for me to get worked up for the Yankees' 40th some odd series appearance (along with nearly 30 series titles).

Rachel Gilardi
Madam Moderator

- posted 10-29-2001 06:48 PM      Profile for Rachel Gilardi   Email Rachel Gilardi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There has to be someone out there with me!

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2001 07:18 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bobby, you're right, the local media is covering this thing to the max! Its pretty exciting, just for the fact we have a MLB team here finally, and theyre in the Series after only 4 years. In fact, we had that discussion in one of my broadcasting classes today, about how the media in NY probably perceives the Series as just another game, but the media here goes nuts.

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-30-2001 07:09 AM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike H: The World Series is a big deal in all the New York papers and the big New Jersey papers (Newark Star-Ledger, Bergen Record, Gannett chain). It was an even bigger deal last year when it was the "Subway Series".

On the other hand Major League Baseball is seriously thinking about buying out and closing down two clubs. Too many teams, not enough customers, too much red ink! That's not unlike what you have now in theaters all over.

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 10-30-2001 08:52 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was born in the Bronx...I grew up in the Bronx.....I went to school in the Bronx.....One day a ways off in the future .....I will be buried in the bronx....and tonight I will watch the Bronx Bombers win game three in the Bronx.....then game four so forth and so on

Go Bombers go,go go.

and then there were none

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-31-2001 11:10 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, gotta hand it to the Yanks, they play a good game. But at least the series returns here to AZ.

Rachel Gilardi
Madam Moderator

- posted 11-01-2001 02:14 AM      Profile for Rachel Gilardi   Email Rachel Gilardi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah!!! Nice homer to win the game for the Yanks, that's what I like!

Bob Maar

- posted 11-01-2001 06:44 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 11-01-2001 04:44 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even though they're not in the World Series, the Colorado Rockies will come from behind and win this year!!!!!!

Bob Maar

- posted 11-02-2001 04:02 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To all my Arizona friends, I just want you all to know:

That the Yanks are coming, the Yanks are coming the drum, drum, drumming everywhere.......and they won't be back til its over, over there...................................

Oh and Who are the Colorado Rockies?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: