Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Movie Poster Forums

Author Topic: Movie Poster Forums
John Wilson
Film God

- posted 10-25-2001 07:47 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone know of any good ones? I've got some originals from the 60's and 70's to sell on ebay...such as these...
CLICK HERE

|  IP: Logged

Jerry Chase
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-25-2001 11:36 AM      Profile for Jerry Chase   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Posters don't sell for very much unless they are much older. There are collectors, but there were plenty of posters made, and many of those are sitting around waiting for a market.

One problem with posters is that they are too large for many households to display. I've got a ton of posters from the 1970s that I'd like to sell, so I'm in the same boat as you. Sadly, the best use for some posters is as wallpaper. I've made a couple of sharp looking poster walls by collaging them and using orange shellac to give a feeling of age.

Freddie Dobbs
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-25-2001 04:24 PM      Profile for Freddie Dobbs   Email Freddie Dobbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had " I spit on your grave" in the living room of an old appartment, my wife made me throw it away... I dont know why...

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-25-2001 06:10 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
www.allposters.com has a lot of posters but they're expensive.

Daniel Boisson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2001 10:19 PM      Profile for Daniel Boisson   Email Daniel Boisson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
how much would you say current posters go for? If I, as an employee, wanted one, the manager sometimes "looses" one for me, or i have to buy it for 20 bucks.

------------------
...My brain's always wrapped...

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 10-29-2001 10:53 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With the requisite 'rarity' exceptions [recalled items, Star Wars, etc], the market for current issue posters is very small. They can usually be had for 5 dollars or less even on Ebay.

However, in some markets there are mall stores and the like that retail market both vintage and current issue posters, usually a highly inflated prices, even more so if they are autographed. One such store in the same mall as a Pacific 14-plex (One doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to guess where the store gets it common poster stock from) sells current-issue posters for $20-25 each and the prices go up depending on the scarcity or covetability of the item. They also have autographed items and other not-for-public-consumption items as pressbooks and lobby cards/stills.

We usually keep our stocks of old posters and give them away to the employees during the company Christmas party.

-Aaron

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: