Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Corky Romano

Author Topic: Corky Romano
Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2001 09:56 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just what exactly is the full official title of Corky Romano?? The trailer says "Corky Romano: 'Special Agent,'" out mylars and mobiles say "Who is Corky Romano?" and Yahoo! Movies lists it simply as "Corky Romano," so that's what I'm assuming it is. Very strange.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-15-2001 12:10 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The official title is: "Corky Romano: Crap on Celluloid"

I've never cared for Chris Kattan. Never once has he made me laugh. Never. I can't believe he's still on SNL. Hopefully since he got a movie he'll leave now, just like Tim Meadows did when his movie came out (can't remember the title). He was never funny, either.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-15-2001 11:59 AM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, no offense, but what continent did you leave your sense of humor on? (Although I give you thumbs up for "Projector Trek" )

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-15-2001 02:25 PM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first trailer for this had the "Special Agent" on the title, but the 'revised' version didn't.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-15-2001 02:28 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never saw the revised trailer. But if that's the final version of the trailer, then whatever it says is what I would think is the final title.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 10-15-2001 05:33 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
title on actual feature says Corky Ramono...

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-15-2001 06:10 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ken, actually I should be asking YOU that question if you find both Tim Meadows and Chris Kattan routinely funny.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-15-2001 08:40 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I think Ladies Man is just stupid (that is Tim Meadows, right?), and I don't know what else he does. But I like Chris Katan. Usually I like stupid humor. As long as I know it's supposed to be stupid. I guess that's why I like Freddi Got Fingered.

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2001 09:49 AM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Usually I like stupid humor. As long as I know it's supposed to be stupid. I guess that's why I like Freddy Got Fingered.

Well, Ken, I admit that I like a lot of the "stupid humor" movies myself. Unlike most of the people here, I tend to like movies like "Freddy Got Fingered" and "Dude, Where's My Car". Being a computer science Ph.D. student and a research scientist, I think that's sort of funny. I've been meaning to check out "Corky Romano" but haven't had a chance. How does it compare with these other "stupid comedies"? I'm sure it is as stupid, but is it as funny?

------------------
Evans A Criswell
Huntsville-Decatur Movie Theatre Information Site

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2001 12:14 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it was pretty funny. Not quite as good as Night at the Roxbury, I think. But if you are a fan of Chris Kattan, you will like it.

The scenes where he fumbles everything are pretty hllarious! And the scene with the hacker was great. When you see it, you'll know what I'm talking about!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: