Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Moral Test

Author Topic: Moral Test
Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 10-09-2001 09:48 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Subject: moral test

These are really tough times to test how we might act given a certain set of circumstances. However, I think most of us - if actually put to the test - would do the right thing. I may be wrong but I'll put my faith in humanity....

The situation: You are in the Middle East, and there is a huge flood in progress. Many homes have been lost, water supplies compromised and structures destroyed. Let's say that you're a photographer and getting still photos for a news service, traveling alone, looking for particularly poignant scenes.

You come across Osama bin Laden who has been swept away by the floodwaters. He is barely hanging on to a tree limb and is about to go under. You can either put down your camera and save him, or take a Pulitzer Prize winning photograph of him as he loses his grip on the limb.

So, here's the question and think carefully before you answer the question below:
Which lens would you use?

|  IP: Logged

Jerry Chase
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2001 12:29 PM      Profile for Jerry Chase   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like the idea that is going around the net. Since killing him will make him a martyr, and imprisoning him will only create outraged cries for his freedom, the story goes that the CIA should secretly take him to an undisclosed hospital and give him a complete sex change operation, bring him to South Beach nightclubs for orientation, then release him back to the taliban, where he could be treated as a third wife.

I've also heard comments that we should rename our public crappers to bin Ladens and put a decal of his face on the interior.

"Here's lookin' at you, kid."

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-09-2001 06:34 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, why not? There was a news picture last night of talibans wiping their feet on a US flag. So why not wipe our butts with them? I'm thinking Osama toilet paper.

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2001 06:42 PM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately if those Afghans saw Osama toilet paper on a news show, they wouldn't know what it was and wouldn't get the joke. You might say it would go right over their heads.

------------------
Greg Mueller
Amateur Astronomer, Machinist, Filmnut
http://www.muellersatomics.com/

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2001 07:06 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A father and son we were walking in manhattan in the distant future. The father points out to the son where the twin towers stood, the son asks what the twin towers were, The father tells them that were symbols of capitalism. The son asks what happened to them and the father answers some arabs blew them up,

The son asks dad whats an arab?

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 10-11-2001 12:05 AM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If ever captured, release him unharmed at a well publicized time and place into the large crowd that will have gathered to receive him while the police look the other way.
Or just feed him feet first into one of those large brush chippers.

Richard C. Wolfe
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2001 12:42 AM      Profile for Richard C. Wolfe   Author's Homepage   Email Richard C. Wolfe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about the old practice of walking the plank... in this case from the top of the Empire State building.

Will Morrow
Film Handler

- posted 10-12-2001 06:08 PM      Profile for Will Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Will Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really like the sex change punishment. My only request is that I am allowed to perfrom the operation with a belt sander, and a dremmel. Yeah, that would be sufficient.

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 10-12-2001 11:37 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On a talk show recently, the host was talking to a retired general. (I like it when they have retired military people on because they don't have to be politically correct anymore).

Anyway, the host says to the retired general; What would you do if you were part of the ground forces, and found bin Laden? The general (in perfect deadpan) says; "Shoot him while trying to escape..."

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: