Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Destination Films R.I.P.

Author Topic: Destination Films R.I.P.
Betsie Beadling
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-04-2001 08:05 AM      Profile for Betsie Beadling   Email Betsie Beadling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep they are Gone Alright
I Called their Phone Number and its No Longer in Service

|  IP: Logged

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 10-04-2001 07:11 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Betsie, they have been out of business since late last year. In the future please try to tell us something we don't already know.

-Aaron

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-07-2001 09:47 PM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I saw their first release "Bats", I thought Destination Films' destination was the dumpster!

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 10-09-2001 02:25 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did they have any OTHER films other than BATS? Hey it was filmed in Utah, my home, so it cant be that great...

Dave

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2001 09:08 AM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's wrong with Utah?? Anyway, they did Thomas The Magic Railroad and Whipped. Don't know what else.

Mark Ogden
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2001 04:06 PM      Profile for Mark Ogden   Email Mark Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Destination was also the release studio for the absolutly excreble "Beautiful", the directing debut of Sally Field and one of the single worst, if not the worst reviewed film of 2000. They should get together any remaining prints of this film and drop them on the freakin' Taliban, and not waste $2 mil on a Tommahawk.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 10-09-2001 06:22 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just start showing the films to them and they will lay there arms down and give up or jump off a cliff....

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2001 08:54 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe the only films they actually released were BATS, THOMAS AND THE MAGIC RAILROAD, BEAUTIFUL, and WHIPPED (in that order if I remember correctly).

The only other films that I can remember that they had planned to release were BUYING THE COW, SLACKERS, and RING OF FIRE.

I believe BUYING THE COW and SLACKERS were both picked up by Sony, but I dont know what happened to RING OF FIRE.

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-10-2001 12:37 AM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Destination also put out "Eye of the Beholder" and "Drowning Mona".
Was this the shortest-lived studio in movie history?

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 10-27-2001 08:42 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And prints maintainedand shipped by everyone's favorite TES, so you can COUNT on a bad print fresh from the lab

-Aaron

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-27-2001 09:27 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark Ogden said "They should get together any remaining prints of this film and drop them on the freakin' Taliban, and not waste $2 mil on a Tommahawk".

If ya drop em just be sure they are all be on those darn Technicolor reels. If that doesn't foil the Taliban, at least they'll end up loosing their fingers!
Mark @ GTS

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 10-27-2001 10:52 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First strike new prints on nitrate and drop those

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-11-2002 03:01 PM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bumping this up for this inquiry:

Mission Kashmir was a Bollywood drama released in the fall of 2000. This picture is available on DVD/VHS through Columbia TriStar. The back of the DVD case/VHS box has the Destination Films logo -- and Destination Films had a distribution deal with Columbia TriStar. Was Mission Kashmir ever intended for a non-Bollywood release?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: