Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » ENTERPRISE (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: ENTERPRISE
Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-26-2001 09:23 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who watched it? What did you think? I thought the first half hour kicked ass then it started to suck.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 09-26-2001 10:23 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed it. It had action. It wasn't pansie-assed like Next Generation. I never even bothered to watch Deep Space Nine because it looked boring as all hell. Voyager was cool but it was kind of preachy like Next Generation, only nowhere near as pansie-assed.

My biggest complaint would be the UPN network. Damn they suck! They have a library of about 5 commercials that they show over and over, no matter what you watch. And their picture quality really sucks the big one! Look at anything that is red: it is super blocky since they are using some half-assed form of digital video. TV is actually looking worse now than it was just 7 years ago. There must not be any such thing as "professional quality" video gear anymore, since most consumer grade equipment beats the hell out of anything that is shown on TV nowadays (I have seen the blocky reds start to show up on other networks as well). My digital video doesn't get blocky, even when I compress the hell out of it. TV stations suck.

...then again maybe it is all part of a huge plot to introduce digital cinema... that way they'll still be able to say that movie theaters have better image quality than TV shows.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 09-26-2001 11:52 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My DV gets blotchy when I use Cinepak to compress it instead of Sorensen. Any relationship?

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 09-27-2001 01:38 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. Cinepak sucks. Always use Sorenson (if you have to compress at all)... it's the standard anyway. I've never cared for Cinepak.

MPEG is also pretty bad.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-27-2001 07:47 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,

You defintely should check out DS9. It was not boring at all. Way more action than TNG.

Sure, I won't argue that Enterprise had tons of action. But I was hoping for more focus on how Starfleet came about, and how the technology was developed. Maybe it's just me, but that's kinda the impression I got from reading some of the article about it.

Keith Peticolas
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-27-2001 10:26 PM      Profile for Keith Peticolas   Email Keith Peticolas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Enterprise was ok. Already better than all 7 years of Voyager. I really expected it to suck rocks. Pleasantly surprised. It's very cool to see the beginning of StarFleet. I'm looking foward to Star Trek again. Very exciting.
kb

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-27-2001 11:38 PM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it. I like the lack of PCness. Nice to see some kick-ass again. Did anyone recognize the ship's doctor? He was the leader of the squidy people in Galaxy Quest.
It also started with "Where no Man has gone before"

------------------
Greg Mueller
Amateur Astronomer, Machinist, Filmnut
http://www.muellersatomics.com/

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-27-2001 11:43 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never saw Galaxy Quest, but he still looks strangely familiar. So does the english guy. And the girl who was doing all the translating. Anyone know where I might know them from?

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 09-28-2001 01:40 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They were all at your house this weekend for that crazy party! Remember? You were wasted

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-28-2001 09:21 AM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ken
You should make an effort to see Galaxy Quest. If you like the original Trek, you'd like GQ's parody of the cast. It's a very fun film. I wish I had it. I really like the stomping, slicing, dicing machine

------------------
Greg Mueller
Amateur Astronomer, Machinist, Filmnut http://www.muellersatomics.com/

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-28-2001 11:31 AM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greg,

I'd love to see it. I had planned on seeing it, but unfortunately, the only theatres in my area were REGAL!

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-28-2001 11:53 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked that they gave James Cromwell a guest spot to reprise his role. I am also glad that they didn't sneek in a cameo of any one from TOS.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-28-2001 01:04 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
James Cromwell - was he the guy who played Zephram Cocrane? (sp??)

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 09-29-2001 06:48 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My review of ENTERPRISE goes like this...

I liked it.. BUT...

Several continuity problems here. If you know TOS like I do, you know they screwed with everything here. I believe that the point is they have these time traveling bad guys called the Suliban who are trying to change what we know and make it what they want. SO THAT WAY the writers can do whatever they want and reinvent the star trek wheel as it were.

BAD FREEEEKIN IDEA...

Did anyone notice that Scot Bakula was playing a wimp? This captain is more wussy than Picard. WHAT THE HELL... I specifically remember Rick Berman say that Kirk wanted to be THIS GUY. KIRK WAS THE ULTIMATE MANS MAN!!!

Dave

Jerry Chase
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-29-2001 07:13 PM      Profile for Jerry Chase   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"KIRK WAS THE ULTIMATE MANS MAN!!! "

I _feel_ a _sud_den _need_ to worship the porcelin god.

(I think I got the accentuation right?)

Kirk was a wuss. McCoy was the real McCoy. He kinda reminds me of someone I know... "Pointy eared sonuvabitch! Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not an equal opportunity employer!"

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: