Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Jackie Chan

Author Topic: Jackie Chan
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-21-2001 02:21 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Found this on Film force...

Chan's Nosebleed ''Rethought''
MGM is rethinking Jackie Chan's Nosebleed, in which he was set to play a window washer at the World Trade Center.

by Brian Linder
2001-09-20

Another film that's been affected by last week's tragic attacks is Jackie Chan's Nosebleed. Chan was set to play a window washer at the World Trade Center who uncovers a terrorist plot to destroy the Statue of Liberty.

Ananova reports the harrowing story of how Jackie narrowly averted being part of the tragedy. As most of our readers will know, Jackie does all his own stunts, and he had been scheduled to film at the WTC last Tuesday morning.

Shooting was cancelled at the last minute when the film's screenwriter was late turning in the script. That prompted Chan to change his plans and move on to Toronto to shoot DreamWorks' Tuxedo.

Chan told the Oriental Daily News, "Filming was scheduled to have taken place at 7:00 am last Tuesday morning, and as I had to be at the top of one of the towers for one of the scenes, I would probably have died if the shooting went ahead as planned."

Obviously, the project will have to be completely overhauled, if it is to move ahead at all. Empire Online inquired with an MGM spokesperson who said, "It might have been written that way, but that's not the way we're going to do it."

|  IP: Logged

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-22-2001 12:22 AM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is freaky.

Not only for the fact that we could have lost a great action star, but the fact that Chris Tucker would have to be the only character in "Rush Hour 3!" (If they DO end up making that one)

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-22-2001 01:42 AM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In a related note, I have dug up a few rumors as well that sort of hang on this thread.

I have heard that Men In Black 2 has to reshoot the entire ending and some other smaller scenes because it takes place in and on the WTC. I have heard that Spiderman has to do the same. However, I am only believing the MIB2 rumor right now. I think the Spiderman "reshoot" was made up due to the teaser trailer containing the WTC. God, I just love the way the internet starts rumors...then again, I am no better for passing them along either.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 09-22-2001 02:29 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just because a scene in a movie includes the World Trade Center (or images of it) does not mean that they should be removed. Are we trying to completely forget that these buildings ever existed? That's a bad idea. Now if a movie has a plot like the Jackie Chan flick that involves terrorists at the WTC, then of course I can understand that.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 09-22-2001 09:43 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it is true that MIB 2 has to change the ending....from what I have read though it only involves shooting around different buildings for scenes leading up to the final ending.....And the backdrop scenes involved in the final ending......

As far as spiderman the trailer was made not using scenes from the actual movie....so what they will change in the movie is uncertain...a new trailer will be available for showing on lord of the rings......

Rick Long
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-22-2001 08:58 PM      Profile for Rick Long   Email Rick Long   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Joe that we cannot, and should not, forget that these beautiful builings once existed. Still there is an emotional experience I feel from seeing them.

The Thursday after the black Tuesday, I decided that I had enough of CNN's coverage of watching the towers collapse a dozen times a day. I decided to distract myself by watching a sit-com. I chose "Friends".

Half way through the episode they did a location change "pan" across the New-York City skyline. There they were, those two magnificent towers.

I couldn't concentrate on the story after that.

Gordon Hedges III
Jealous of everyone not me

- posted 10-13-2001 03:20 AM      Profile for Gordon Hedges III   Email Gordon Hedges III   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Brad. I'm sure you got the article from a reliable source , but have you checked out what the Urban Legends Reference Page has said about it?
http://www.snopes.com

They have the Jackie Chan story listed as UNDERTERMINED, and a link to Jackie's site expressing his feelings about Sept 11th.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: