Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » SELECO SVT 190

Author Topic: SELECO SVT 190
Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-19-2001 05:00 PM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone had any dealings with these monsters? I am looking at buying one second hand are there any Nasty things I should look out for (apart from the size)and what sort of maintinance is required to keep them performing the Best,I the moment I have a small LCD Sharp which I use in our Home Theatre set up ,but I am getting more requests for screenings in small halls etc. and this is too small(LCD) for some of these places and was looking for a more robust Big screen projector.

|  IP: Logged

Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-24-2001 08:55 PM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry guys the Model was SVT 195 I have got this for the weekend to see if I like it , the thing is HEAVY and I will be spending most of the weekend Converging the thing (hopefully I will get a good picture in the end?) it has digital confergence so I hope it will be faster .

Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-29-2001 01:08 AM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I finally got it converged and focused and the picture is Awesome (compared to my LCD) so I'm pleased ,but it is not as convenient as my current one , so I think it will only be useful for the occasional OUT SIDE VENTURE as it takes SO LONG to converge and focus.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: