Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » CTMA sue movie studios over false advertisements.

Author Topic: CTMA sue movie studios over false advertisements.
Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-02-2001 08:57 PM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is an interesting lawsuit, I wonder it anything will come of it?
www.citizensfortruthinmovies.com

|  IP: Logged

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-03-2001 09:42 AM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried the link last night and this morning and I get a "This page cannot be loaded" error.

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 08-03-2001 10:04 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto

Jerry Chase
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-03-2001 11:05 AM      Profile for Jerry Chase   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try:
http://www.citizensfortruthinmovieads.com/

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-07-2001 12:43 AM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh jeez, I've never trusted any critics other than myself anyways. (I *LIKED* "Howard the Duck" as a matter of fact!) I think a bigger 'problem' than misleading reviews is things like trailers that completely misrepresent the movie (like the one for "Home Fries") or one of my personal favorites- new video releases of old movies with cover art having absolutely NOTHING to do with the movie itself!

Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-07-2001 02:36 AM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought everyone knew that reviewers (with a few exceptions) are sad movie-wannabees, and the only reason they see movies, are because they are paid to do it. I remember running plenty of press showings in the 80s for these poor people who had to show up at 9 IN THE MORNING! If we didnīt feed them a danish and some hot drinks, they probably chunk out a bad review for us. We even allowed them to smoke during the film and ruin our carpets in those days.

No seriously, I read reviews and are affected by them like everyone else of course. A review is illusion like the film I see. For me, the review is a part of the whole game, like the trailer and the poster. If a movie recieves too many favorably reviews, there's probably something wrong. Even with the slightest amount of common sense, that should be obvious.

But not for some greedy movie goers. A web site like that can only be created in God's own country: USA. It's amazing to watch.

------------------
Cheers, Thomas
..in70mm - The 70mm Newsletter
www.in70mm.com www.dp70.com www.70mm.dk www.hauerslev.com http://hjem.get2net.dk/in70mm

Tao Yue
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-07-2001 07:28 AM      Profile for Tao Yue   Author's Homepage   Email Tao Yue   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And how many hits have we just added to this sorry web site's counter?

------------------
Tao Yue
MIT '04: Course VI-2, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Projectionist, MIT Lecture Series Committee

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: