Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » and once again it is vacation time

Author Topic: and once again it is vacation time
Sean M. Grimes
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2001 03:34 AM      Profile for Sean M. Grimes   Author's Homepage   Email Sean M. Grimes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since resigning from my g.m. position (any one looking for an "experienced" projectionist in the New York area?) I am off to Toronto for a week in a couple of days... Where should I go? I left a decent amount of free time in so any considerations would be great. Thanx ladies and gents.

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-01-2001 04:12 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Email Gordon McLeod and see if he will be in town for your visit and has some spare time. I would think spending a day with him would be more entertaining and informative than just about anything else in Canada.

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 08-01-2001 07:30 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sean, While you are in Toronto go into a bakery and and treat yourself to a :Butter Tart". What part of NY are you looking for work in?

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 08-01-2001 09:55 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
A group of people from here in Dearborn are going to Toronto on Monday for four days. They plan on hitting a bunch of Imax theaters and the Science Center. You'll probably run into them at some point. I believe they're going to visit Gordon, too.

If you'd be interested in a PT Imax projectionist position, we're looking here at the museum. Drop me an email. Or see the description in the Classifieds forum on www.1570.com

Sean M. Grimes
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2001 07:40 PM      Profile for Sean M. Grimes   Author's Homepage   Email Sean M. Grimes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob - Located in Central New York, I actually would be willing to travel seventy miles one way for work with another chain besides my past employer, would relocate either in New York or Mass. But I would need to keep up on my $600 a month rent for the next eleven months. A butter tart you say? hmmm, yummy. I will just leave it at that. Let ya know in a week or so.

Adam - I would love to get involved in IMAX, but I think that I will just attempt to make amends with my local (ever since Sony or was it USA? ahh it's all the same any way... broke the union in the town) there are two union postions left with the only chain in fourty miles except the second runs which, well, won't subside me money wise. I hear Dearborn is a nice area though, but for some unknown reason I love it around here. Thank you though. We do have an IMAX in town though. Programing is kind of limited, I would still love to get in. Problem is just not enough union jobs to go around right now.

All I want is to be saved from restaurant management or retail. Much rather shoot myself in the foot then tread there. Wish me luck. I am soo going to need it.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: