Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » John Eickhoff?

Author Topic: John Eickhoff?
Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-06-2001 01:28 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone heard from John Eickhoff lately? Been wondering about my order for a few weeks now, he hasnt contacted me lately. I assume maybe he's on vacation?

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-06-2001 07:16 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got an email from him about 4 days ago, said he was going to be coming thru here (eastern Montana) in a week or two. So he's out there somewhere! He doesn't have a portable computer, so sometimes he's off the air for a while. His number is 800-341-3846 if you want to leave him a message.

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-08-2001 06:40 PM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John's been running around alot. I just heard from him a couple days ago and he said he was going to be home like 12 hours in the next 4 weeks or so. He's a busy boy

------------------
Greg Mueller
Amateur Astronomer, Machinist, Filmnut
http://www.muellersatomics.com/

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 07-08-2001 11:26 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike Blaksely said in a previous posting......"He doesn't have a portable computer, so sometimes he's off the air for a while."

What I'd like to know is how the heck he is performing quality EQ work with out a laptop???
Mark @ GTS

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-09-2001 07:18 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps he is only putting in processors such as CP65s that don't require a computer? Maybe he doesn't have a functioning modem on the laptop? Perhaps he doesn't have an ISP he can connect to with a local call? Then again, maybe he is just too plain tired at the end of the day to mess with it.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 07-09-2001 12:29 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well there is still Sony Digital(which some of his customers do use) which does require a laptop, plus all of the good spectrum analyzers are also computer based as well. It still takes the best equipment to perform a top quality job on any processor be it a CP-65 or Smart Mod-2C.
I do know that there is an ISP problem up in that area as there are many, many independent ISP's, but that is simple to cure if you go with SISNA as they have dial up numbers in most cities of 10K population all across the US. That makes it pretty hard not to be able to access the net. I've been up there, done it.
Mark @ GTS

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 07-09-2001 01:13 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even the CP500/650 requires a laptop to save the data to file.
Also the Peavey and the New UltraStereo processor requires a laptop as does the CE software for there interconnects. The list goes on and on

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-09-2001 01:43 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He's been spotted! Came thru here Saturday night...unfortunately I was out of town and didn't see him. John, better jump on here quick and defend yourself!

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-09-2001 01:47 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark Gullbrandson typed: "Mike Blaksely said in a previous posting..."

That's about the best mangling of my name I've ever seen when it's visible right there on the screen! Usually I have to say it over the phone for somebody to go that far wrong on it!

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 07-09-2001 02:54 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for mangling your name Mike, but I guess we're even now. Its ok, no one can spell my last name correctly anyway. I'm used to it. Also....No Need for John to have to defend himself, John does great work. I don't know why you think we are attacking him as that is simply not the case. I consider John a good friend and excellent tech. BUT....he should carry a laptop and keep in touch with the world and all the digital processors he services.
Mark @ GTS

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-09-2001 05:13 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Geez Mark, maybe John just doesn't want to come online just to be told by you how he must stay in constant contact with the world via his laptop that he uses for sound work. My post above was not to infer that he doesn't use a laptop for sound work, but that there could be MANY reasons why he doesn't have his laptop with him or cannot connect. For all we know he dropped the damn thing down a flight of stairs the afternoon he left the house. Lighten up and give the guy a break.

Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-09-2001 05:37 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the last reply, Brad!

I did speak with John. He is running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

He is helping me out with some stuff, and he is really backlogged! He asked for some patience, which I can understand!

John seems like a knowledgeable tech who is intent on providing competitent service.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 07-09-2001 06:54 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are all pretty blind and apparently don't know John all that well. He IS one of the hardest people to get ahold of at least in this buisness. Ask any of his customers........they would all tell you that it would not hurt him to check in with the rest of the world on a somewhat regular basis.
Mark @ GTS

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-09-2001 07:11 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Phillip Anschulz will quickly take over that throne as the hardest man to get ahold of in this business.

Normally I would not do this until at which point it happened, but I can see this thread turning into an "I am not John Eickhof, I do not work for John Eickhof, but this is how John Eickhof needs to run his business" thread based upon some of the comments made here and I don't think such comments are needed. Clearly John is a busy man, so he must be doing something right. Thus, I am closing this thread.
(Besides, the original question has been answered. )

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: