Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » A.I. -- Music Video by Ministry

Author Topic: A.I. -- Music Video by Ministry
Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 06-18-2001 11:12 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was watching MTV2 last night and saw some new video by Ministry. As usual, the music was very heavy with a technological edge to it. Nothing unusal there, but then I see the kid from "The Sixth Sense" under the stage with a bunch of robots. Wow, this must be a video from "A.I." Then there's Jude Law with a shiny finish to his plastic looking skin. Then I'm thinking, "when did Steven Spielberg start listening to Ministry?" This video is from the soundtrack, and I assume the music is featured somewhere in the film.

Anyway, I am hoping "A.I." will be a really cool and thought provoking science fiction film. It certainly seems to have the potential. At the end of the video you hear the boy in a voiceover asking, "what do we do now?" You hear a robot answer, "now we run."

|  IP: Logged

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 06-18-2001 11:27 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is from MTV2's website:

"The Alain Jourgensen-fronted outfit filmed its scenes for "A.I.," a sci-fi flick set in the middle of the 21st century starring Haley Joel Osment and Jude Law, on location in San Diego last October, according to reps for both the film and the band.

Ministry perform a new song, titled "What About Us?," in their "A.I." scene, and a studio version of the track will be featured on the compilation LP Ministry's Greatest Fits, due out on June 19."

The article was written before the video was released. But it is pretty wild looking. The band is performing on an elaborate stage decked out with giant flat panel video screens at the sides and overhead with the robots imprisoned underneath --a scene Warner Bros. refers to as an anti-robot rally, or "flesh fair". The band has some strange looking instruments too. Jourgenson's oversized black guitar has a flat panel video screen mounted under the strings.

Certainly the music from Ministry is not going to sit well with everyone, but then I think that might be one of the points with that sequence.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: