Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Web-based "showtimes" resources

Author Topic: Web-based "showtimes" resources
William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-29-2001 03:18 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Urrg -- all these resources for showing the "Showtimes" of a movie require that you enter a zip code or city.

But if it's a limited-release film like "Moulin Rouge" or "Bamboozled", it's neccessary to play a guessing game, entering cities & zip codes like the DAMN GAME OF BATTLESHIP to try to find where the freakin' movie is.

So, does anyone know if there's some web-based "showtimes" resource that can sort by "title" & show the cities (or zip codes) instead of only by the locations?

|  IP: Logged

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 05-29-2001 06:00 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone knows about this, let me know, too.

I'd love to have a way of listing all of the theatres in the US (or world!) that are showing a particular title at any particular date. Even better, I'd love something that had historical data, too, but we all know that that isn't likely to happen.

Mitchell Cope
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-31-2001 12:11 PM      Profile for Mitchell Cope   Email Mitchell Cope   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've not been impressed with Hollywood.com and Moviefone.com. The former never loads on my browser (too bloated?). The latter gets me in, but two different attempts to buy tickets left me hanging. As it turns out, the transactions never went through.

Good ideas, but poor execution. Why advertise sites that don't work?

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-02-2001 11:46 AM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hollywood.com is supposed to get an upgrade sometime in June. You need a newer version browser to use it, otherwise the site takes forever to load.

BTW, Hollywood.com and Moviefone.com both let you search by movie title. Unfortunately not all theaters in metro areas participate in Moviefone.com. In NYC the Film Forum wasn't listed on Moviefone.com for a long time.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: