Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Mønti Pythøn ik den Hølie Gräilen (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Mønti Pythøn ik den Hølie Gräilen
Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 04-12-2001 03:00 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have this book? I need a scan of the script page(s) with the handwritten notes in the margins, for the opening credits sequence. Maybe it's in "Monty Python's Big Red Book" (which, btw, is blue), but somewhere, I recall seeing these script pages showing the producer's notes.

The reason I'm looking for this, is I'm trying to identify the title of one of the music cuts used.

------------------
Better Projection Pays!

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 04-12-2001 07:04 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry the knights that say ni stole the book and after it was being used for dirty reading at the nunnery (they wanted another spanking) it was being guarded by a rabit (its only a itibti rabit)

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 04-12-2001 08:52 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
after it was being used / it was being guarded / (its only a itibti rabit)

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! STOP SAYING THE WORD!

------------------
Better Projection Pays!

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 04-12-2001 09:19 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have / here in my office. Let's see...

Monty Python Title Music track sheet

Wide Horizons
Ice Flow
Country Wide
Mexican Buster

The music credits:

Songs: Neil Innes
Additional Music: DeWolfe

Contact me off list and we'll work out the details for those scans...

Paul

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 04-13-2001 03:46 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good work Paul! What, after all, is an office without a large and concise collection of Monty Python merchandise?

BTW... Noo!
www.pythonline.com

------------------

------------------
"It's not the years, honey...it's the mileage". Indiana Jones

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 04-14-2001 01:05 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PAUL!!!! Wow, thanks a lot! I won't be needing the scans, since those titles were exactly what I was looking for. "Wide Horizons" is the one in particular (I'm listening to "Countrywide" right now, in fact).

You're a pal! Thanks again.

------------------
Better Projection Pays!

Paul Mayer

- posted 04-14-2001 10:46 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to be of service. Knew that book would come in handy--it continues to provide respite after some "tiny-brained wiper of other people's bottoms" has intruded upon my day.

Now I just have to figure out what "O" Level Geography is...

Later,

Paul
"There's no fun in killing soloists!

Joe Schmidt
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2001 06:21 PM      Profile for Joe Schmidt   Email Joe Schmidt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh...

What Ever Happened to ittyibittipolkadot bikini? And,

"Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death?"

I caught the Easter Bunny this morning, and now must hasten to the kitchen and see how my Rabbit Stew is doing. Been bubbling all afternoon.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 04-16-2001 02:15 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'O' (ordinary) levels were school exams taken by kids at age 16 in the UK. Typically children took 10-12 subjects. They were replaced in the late 1980s by GCSEs (general certificate of secondary education). After taking them, students went on to take 'A' (advanced) levels at age 18 (typically in 3 subjects) which still exist and which are the usual university/college entry qualification.

Aaron Haney
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-18-2001 06:28 AM      Profile for Aaron Haney   Email Aaron Haney   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death?"

You mean that movie with Shannon Tweed and Bill "Politically Incorrect" Maher? It's on DVD, believe it or not! There's also a funny review of it at badmovies.org.

Paul Mayer

- posted 11-20-2003 01:49 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finally! A site that combines my loves for aerodynamics and all things Python:

Estimating the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow [beer]

Oh, and a much belated "thank you" to Leo for the info about O-Level exams. Now I know what that poor Swedish moose went through.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 11-20-2003 02:37 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Funny thing this should come up today!
We were having our "employee meeting" at the Cornerstone Tavern last night. [beer] The idea was put on the table that we should show Monty Python and the Holy Grail here at Mercyhurst. All parties agreed that this should be looked into.

So... What are the chances of getting a decent quality 35mm print of MP&HG?

Paul Mayer

- posted 11-20-2003 03:36 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're in luck Randy. Contact info for Rainbow Releasing is in this thread:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail -- Request [beer]

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 11-20-2003 04:23 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This thread confuses me. [Confused]

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-21-2003 02:41 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Randy thanks for the link [Cool]

It's now set up as my mail alert. Taking bets on how long it takes to piss off the other guys in the office [Big Grin]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: