Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » You know you're a film-tech junkie if... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: You know you're a film-tech junkie if...
Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-07-2001 06:45 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

1. You check film-tech forums at least once an hour to see if any new posts have been made.

2. The Film-Yak forum has superceded all your other sources for jokes on the net.

3. You put a link to film-tech on a WWW site that you run, not primarily to let your users know about it, but to provide a link so you can more easily get to it.

4. You post a review of a movie on the movie review forum as soon as you get to a computer after leaving the movie theatre.

5. You have no fear of condemnation by other members if you mention thinking that your booth is haunted.

6. You edit every post 4 or 5 times after first submission to correct every spelling and grammatical error that you're aware of.

7. You get depressed if it is a slow day for film-tech postings.

8. When you're sitting in a theatre, you notice every detail that is wrong with the presentation and auditorium environment and wish you could fix it.

9. When someone asks you how a movie was, you give details based on the quality of the presentation rather than of the movie contents or quality.

10. Any time you're in any room in a building with a large amount of unused space, you calculate the maximum size screen that could be placed there and think of how the room could be turned into a theatre auditorium.

11. If your theatre has more than 16 screens, you are dying to interlock a movie through all of the projectors to top the 16-way interlock.

12. Microsoft Internet Explorer always knows your username and password for film-tech, so you never have to actually type it.

13. You find yourself using the phrase "Film Done Right" to describe theatres with excellent presentation quality.

14. After any movie, you know if sperical or anamorphic lenses were used, and know how many blades were in the shutter mechanism of the camera that filmed it.

15. You wonder what the moderator, Brad Miller, really looks like.

------------------
Evans A Criswell
Huntsville-Decatur Movie Theatre Info Site

|  IP: Logged

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 04-07-2001 07:12 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got a 14.

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-07-2001 07:15 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes (It used to be the projector on my site.)
4. No
5. No
6. Yes!
7. Yes
8. Yes (I have to go to other theatres to see films so I don't obsess over the problems.)
9. Yes
10. Yes
11. No
12. No (It used to but it forgot.)
13. Yes (Was actually quoted by a journalist at ShoWest.)
14. Yes & No
15. I went to Texas and met him.

Score 9 ˝ out of 15.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 04-07-2001 07:53 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got 7.

One more to add - you lie in bed and something comes to your mind, and you get up and post it on Film-Tech.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-07-2001 08:05 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1. If I'm on my ass at my computer, yes.

2. I rarely look at the Joke-Yak thread, but still, YES.

3. No

4. Yes, if I have an opinion about it.

5. Yes

6. 4 or 5 times? Usually more than that.

7. No. Those are the days I don't visit the site

8. Yes. That's not normal?

9. Yes

10. Yes

11. Hell no. 16 was enough! For now.

12. Nope. IE is pretty stupid. Sometimes it remembers but most of the time it doesn't. What lame ass company programmed this thing? MicroSoft? I bet they did.

13. Nah. That phrase has been copyrighted by John Pytlak. He charges a $5.00 fee everytime someone else but him says that.

14. Nope.

15. Brad Miller moved to Colorado for the sole purpose of meeting me.

I score 8/15. I kick ass!

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 04-08-2001 01:51 AM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have film-tech as the home page on internet explorer and every other computer within reach.

Any hands?
I know mine is raised

Josh

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-08-2001 02:11 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually I used to have Film-Tech as my home page. Not too long ago when Brad Miller (yes, the ACTUAL Brad Miller himself in person) was at my house he asked to see what the site looked like on my computer (Mac G4). He was disappointed that Film-Tech was no longer my home page. After I talked him out of suicide and saved a dozen babies from a burning building across the street, I, uh, got to the point of this post...

I don't like any page as my home page. If I want to launch my browser really quick to check some site out, I don't want it trying to go somewhere else first. I know exactly how far down the menu Film-Tech is on my bookmarks, though.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 04-08-2001 03:32 AM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ummm... Joe? Are you saying that Film-Tech isn't the FIRST bookmark on your list?

Shame on you!

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-08-2001 04:29 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope. I had created so many more bookmarks before Brad Miller was even born (even though he is older than me). And I am used to those other bookmarks where they already were. So my bookmark menu is pretty happy!

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 04-08-2001 04:52 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh... just to explain to those people who aren't using Macs:

Ya' see, Mac OS X is capable of time travel. There's a little icon on the desktop (now called the "dock") when you click on it a little dialogue pops up with this little slider thingy on it. I though it was to adjust my clock settings and I set it back to the year1904 accidentally. If it hadn't been for my UPS I might have never gotten back!

Now let's see Windoze do that?

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 04-08-2001 08:03 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
12 of 15 Whoa. I need to get a life.

Has anyone noticed that it is possible Joe Redifer and Brad Miller are the same person.

Now I know that they will both deny this but the more they deny the more I will believe it's true. That is why Brad will never post his picture. Next time you see Brad look at his pointing finger see if you can steal a finger print. I'll send it to the FBI for checking out. If they deny this we will check IRS records.

Ok, guys, go ahead and start the Denials.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-08-2001 09:12 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not Joe!

Bob Maar

- posted 04-08-2001 09:20 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Told you the denials would be coming. Check that finger print.

Brad may not be Joe but Joe may be Brad or vice-versa.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-08-2001 09:35 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is not the first time this has happened. Here is an easy solution:

Ian Price, a member of this forum, used to work with me (Joe Redifer) for several years. He has also met Brad Miller (not me) in person at the UA Galaxy in Texas. Right as Ian got into the parking lot of the Galaxy after leaving the theater, he called me (Joe Redifer) at the Mann Chinese 16 Theater in Colorado to tell me that he had just met Brad. This was before I met Brad in person.

Who has met us both? Let's see:

•Ian Price
    •Dwayne Caldwell
    •Erika Hellgren (she is no longer part of this forum, though)
    •John Pytlak (but only over the phone - big difference in our voices --- and area codes!)

Help us out here, people!

Plus if this was my site, I think I would have it as my home page

That's not why Brad won't post his picture. He won't even LET anyone take his picture. I've tried. I was threatened. I do have a picture of him walking around at Mann Southwest Plaza 5 that he doesn't know about (until now) but you can't see his face because he is walking away.

Bob Maar

- posted 04-08-2001 09:50 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Joe, but most of us use to watch Mission Impossible.

You had a friend pose as Brad when Ian was there. Or maybe, you posed as Brad and you buddy played Joe.

We know from your computer expertise that you can play games with area codes. It is easy to disguise your voice. I saw Cary Grant do that in North by Northwest. How easy is that.

The gig is up. Time to come clean.

Let's hear more denials.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: