Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Family Suing McDonald's! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Family Suing McDonald's!
Andrew McCrea
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2001 07:59 AM      Profile for Andrew McCrea   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew McCrea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A family from I believe Toronto is suing McDonald's. Here's the story!

The family (mom, dad and girl) get their food and sit down at the table. The girl takes 3 bites of her food and says "Mommy, there's something in my burger." and the mother says "Oh, well just pull it out, it's probably justa hair or something.". The girl tries pulling it out and says "Mom, this isn't hair, but it's furry." The mother says "UM! Just spit up what you've eaten!"

They tell an employee and she goes and gets the manager. The manager takes it and says he'll take care of it. He throws out the food and gets another burger. He leaves and gets a refund for all their food. The family resecues the burger for proof. The discover at home it's a... RAT HEAD! The family takes a photo for proof and throws it out immediately.

Now they're suing McDonald's, who's policy is "Anything that happens to a customer is none of our business." and they say something about coming to the restaurant on your own risk or something.

GROSS!

------------------
Andrew McCrea

"I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Drawn That Way!" - Jessica Rabbit

|  IP: Logged

Aaron Mehocic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2001 09:21 AM      Profile for Aaron Mehocic   Email Aaron Mehocic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is one that should be investigated, but the woman who sued because she dumped hot coffee on herself while driving, while she's just plain dumb.

I'm thinking about theaters and things that we sell. Anybody ever had "extras" in a box of candy or tub of corn? We've never had anything serious, just a nut or bolt from the popper occasionally fall into somebody's snack. Most folks who come to our theater are usually cool about things like that.

Jerry Chase
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2001 09:24 AM      Profile for Jerry Chase   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, you'll find that most of these stories end up being either urban legends or stupid people who think they can make a fortune by suing a big chain of restaurants. Every couple of years we read of someone who claims to have found a mouse in a Pepsi bottle, or roach in a burger, or a Kentucky Fried Rat. Think how a burger is constructed by the staff and you'll realize that finding a recognizable rat head in a sandwich is even more unlikely than finding a talking sandwich with olive eyes in your refrigerator.

After a little grilling, (smile and nod to punmiester Maar) the people claiming to find ickies usually confess to the crime. The deed carries serious penalties, both criminal and civil. Creating a false report of a health hazard in food is considered product tampering, and civil liabilites for lost business could bankrupt a person.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-28-2001 11:56 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Jerry. The fact that they had to take the burger home to "find the rat head" where there were no McDonald employees pretty much screams that the story is a load of crap (meaning the family was faking it to get money from a lawsuit). Also, at least the way McDonald's have been constructed in these parts, you can see the person cooking the meat and there is really no way such a thing could get missed.

Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2001 12:33 PM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did see on the local news one night several months ago about someone getting an entire batter-dipped, deep fried chicken head in an order of McDonalds Hot Wings. It didn't happen here, but somewhere in the U.S. . They even had the guy who got it hold it up for the camera. If you just looked at it, it resembled everything else in the box, but upon closer examination you could see it was a head.

I didn't see the big deal in it.... it probably just tasted like chicken.

I found this on the web about the "Chicken Head"

Woman Claims She Discovered Chicken Head at McDonalds
November 30, 2000, 01:00 PM

A customer at a McDonald's restaurant in Newport News, Va., says she got more than she bargained for when she received her order.

Katherine Ortega said found a fried chicken's head in the box of chicken wings she ordered Wednesday.

Ortega said someone who wasn't looking closely could have easily mistaken the chicken's head for another piece of chicken, like the leg or a wing. The chicken's beak, the cone on top of its head and some feathers are visible.

Ortega said she wants to know how the chicken's head could have made it past inspectors and into the hands of a customer.

"I usually look at my food, but I shouldn't have to look that closely to see that,” Ortega said. “My 5-year-old probably wouldn't have looked. He probably would have thought it was a chicken leg and eaten it.”

Oretega says the manager at McDonald's offered the Ortega's another order of chicken and offered to return the chicken's head to the distribution company. Ortega declined.

The health department sent an inspector to the restaurant to look through the rest of the bag of chicken wings.

Officials didn't find anything unusual. The incident is being reported to the Department of Agriculture.

A McDonalds spokesman tells kgw.com that it is investigating the incident, and has no confirmation yet that the chicken head was definitely served by the restaurant.

Jerry Chase
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2001 12:51 PM      Profile for Jerry Chase   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, Andrew could go to: http://www.manbeef.com/processing.html
for a tasty snack and some sidesplitting sick humor.

Snopes has a "mcnoggin" on display.

Andrew McCrea
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2001 01:10 PM      Profile for Andrew McCrea   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew McCrea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jerry, That's discusting!

They showed the picture on "Canada AM", which is like "Good Morning America", except for Canadians, this morning.

------------------
Andrew McCrea

"I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Drawn That Way!" - Jessica Rabbit

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2001 01:48 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jerry, Every time I think I've seen the strangest, most outlandish thing I've ever seen, something eventually beats it. THe ManBeef site you mentioned now holds that record.

Evans A Criswell

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 03-28-2001 02:02 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yum, Yum. Jerry pass the salt.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 03-28-2001 02:05 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...I'm going to be thinking of Soylent Green for the rest of the day now... Gee, thanks, Jerry.

Jerry Chase
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2001 02:32 PM      Profile for Jerry Chase   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
iNo problemo, guys!

Not to worry unless people start showing up at traffic accident scenes with napkins, knives, and forks.

I've seen stranger things on the web, but trust me, you don't want to know what.
<shudders>

BTW, Remember the Twilight Zone episode "To Serve Humans?"

Also, I seem to remember an MP3 floating around thats a take-off on the "Beggin' Strips" soundtrack. "Oh boy! Oh boy! its PEOPLE!!! Nyumm, nyumm, nyummm!"

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2001 02:50 PM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone has ever listened to KQRS out of the Twin Cities they know they have some pretty funny spoofs on in the morning. My favorite is Mike Tyson's public service announcement. To the tune of the all too familiar beef council add, he describes the delicacies of an ear, ear-kabob, grilled ear, etc. Yumm .

"Ear, its whats for dinner."

For more strange things I suggest www.cruel.com . Every day they have a new link to a site that is just out of this world. One of my favorites thusfar is www.badcookie.com . Don't you wish you got those fortunes when you ate Chinnesse?

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 03-28-2001 03:09 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the subject of disgusting websites, try www.joecartoon.com. I especially liked the microwaved gerbil!

Ben Wales
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2001 03:10 PM      Profile for Ben Wales   Email Ben Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What do expect from that clown on the TV ad Ronald McDonald, they are run by kids for kids.

I myself avoid them like the plague!.

Dave Bird
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2001 09:12 PM      Profile for Dave Bird   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They won't get very far up here in our legal system, where it's "no blood, no foul".....

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: