Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Bartender:Beefeater Gin Gibson Straight UP. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Bartender:Beefeater Gin Gibson Straight UP.
Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 03-01-2001 12:25 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shaken not stirred - my favorite drink.
Whats yours.............................

Rachel Carter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-01-2001 12:43 PM      Profile for Rachel Carter   Email Rachel Carter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll answer that next august when I turn 21, I'm a good girl

------------------
"Blood is thicker then blondes" - From the movie, Save the last Dance.

FUNNY!!!!!

Sean M. Grimes
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-02-2001 05:01 AM      Profile for Sean M. Grimes   Author's Homepage   Email Sean M. Grimes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmmm actual drink? I have put away enough JD in my day (neat or on the rocks) I am extremely fond of Grey Goose vodka. Shot -Corellijo` (spelling is bad, I know) tequlia or perhaps family reserve Cuervo. not that rum based crap. And after long fifteen hour days of being buried in paperwork and bullshit nothing is better than Makers on the rocks with some good old Red Bull - the energy drink. Beer Guiness or actually Labatt Ice (bless both the Canadaians and those Englishmen) Actually I could go for that right now. And maybe my last Romeo & Julietta cigar.... oh how I love to actually unwind

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 03-02-2001 03:01 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Three Words: Newcastle Brown Ale.
The nectar of the gods

I also enjoy a good vodka martini (Absolut, Stoli, or Priviet) and Manhattans made with Jack Daniels or Wild Turkey Bourbon.

Aaron

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 03-02-2001 06:37 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vodka martini shaken not stired of course
or red wine
english ales

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 03-02-2001 11:48 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scotch... Neat. -- Single malt ONLY. Preferably one of the brands with a "Glen-" in its name. (Glenlivett, Glenfiddich, etc.)

Tequila... straight -- NFL (No f***ing lime)

Ouzo... on the rocks.

Beers:

Guinness... On draught if the bar goes through it fast enough that the keg doesn't get skunked. If not, then I'll take it in the "widget can". Don't bother with the bottled stuff.

Any other stout or porter that hits my fancy. I like to try them all. It's just that Guinness is the one that you can get the most often.

Basically when it comes to drinking the stuff's too damn expensive to trifle with the cheap junk. When I drink it's going to be something GOOD.

Sean M. Grimes
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-03-2001 04:45 AM      Profile for Sean M. Grimes   Author's Homepage   Email Sean M. Grimes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ahhh but Mr. Starkey, if you need the fu@king lime then you might as well move back to a kamakazi. And come on guys, if your favorite area bar does not go through enough guinness than it is to find a new bar. Ouzo can be good in it is muddled, otherwise just show me the way to the next bottle of malaca. Forgot about wine - any good valpol' is fine by me. ahh hell, show me either a Norelco or show me a bottle of rye.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-03-2001 11:25 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, Yes. I remember that English Wine we had at your place on New Years a number of years back Gord.
Favorite drink? Never. Too many good drinks to drink! Just like one could never ahve a favorite film.

Good Stuff!
Mark

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 03-03-2001 11:52 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite Film, did you say you can't have a favorite film? But, I do.

1942: Yankee Doodle Dandy - Jimmy Cagney

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 03-03-2001 08:00 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stouts: Guiness (Irish not English), Mackesson's (my spelling seems to be slipping away), Celebrator (German double bock), Beamish...

Dark Beer: Asahi Kuronama (Black Draft for the Japanese-challenged)

Japanese Beer: Sapporo

Sake: Shochikubai

Shochu: All of them!

Ales: Thomas Hardy! Harp, Bass, Fuller's ESB, Theakston's Old Peculiar, Corsendonk, Chimey...

And the mixes of the above: Black and Tan, Black Velvet (Guiness and Cider), Port and Guiness...

And a French beer (!?): Adelscot!

And not to leave out the USA: MGD

And of course Margaritas made with El Patron Enejo or Silver.

Where was I...

Rachel Carter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-04-2001 02:22 AM      Profile for Rachel Carter   Email Rachel Carter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you guys all know toooo much about beer, I went to bartending school and I don't even remember all those beers

Isn't it funny how you can bartend at 18 and you have to be 21 to drink??? I never understood.....

------------------
"Blood is thicker then blondes" - From the movie, Save the last Dance.

FUNNY!!!!!

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-04-2001 04:04 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Black Sheep Riggwelter,Old Speckled Hen,Stock's Old Horizontal(RIP), Leadboiler,Enoch's hammer, Old Eli,Timothy Taylors Landlord,Bateman's XXX ,Fuller ESB,Tetley's Mild (pre 1980),Courage Imperial Russian Stout etc etc

Guinness of course, Brace of Grouse with ice, a good crusted port

But my real favourite .. the one someone else buys

As for confusion over age when I first Florida in 1984 it was still possible to buy a beer in a bar when you were 18 but when I went to buy a six pack at the store attached to a local gas store there was a sign saying "Over 25 only ,ID required"

I was flattered and suprised when the guy at the desk asked me if I was 25.

Jerry Chase
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-04-2001 12:54 PM      Profile for Jerry Chase   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm experimenting with a new idea. All the pundits say that too much alcohol is bad for you. So how does one get a decent buzz and remain healthy?

I may have stumbled on an answer from the health food field!

Homeopathic medicine takes a tiny amount of a substance and puts it in a large amount of pure distilled water. According to the thinking, the more dilute the solution, the more powerful the effect. I happen to have a water distiller, so now all I need to do is properly take a single drop of pure vodka and infuse it into a quart of water. Drinking a glass of the resultant liquid should give a very powerful kick without the nasty effects. Don't try this at home.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 03-04-2001 06:12 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to Homeopathy you have to use some substance to cause an opposite reaction. For instance one would use an extract of Poison Ivy sap to cure a rash caused by touching the plant. (A VERY oversimplified example)

Therefore, you would use a drop of Vodka in a quart of distilled water to cure a hangover.

Jerry Chase
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-04-2001 07:22 PM      Profile for Jerry Chase   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Darn. Hmmm. How about a quart of vodka and a drop of water? Nope, that won't work. A drop of vermouth looking to attract a bottle of gin? Nah.

This is tougher than I thought. Opposite of getting a buzz, huh? Bad coffee? A drop of coffee in a quart of water? Nah, used to sell that at the drive in. No luck there.

What would make one sit up, stone cold sober? Technicolor with a right reels, inspected and on time every time guarantee? Can't put that in water. 30/70 terms on the first week in the exhibitor's favor? Nope, won't wash.

A drop of film-guard? Nope, all the booth dirt would stick to me. Taxes. Yeah, that's the ticket. I'll try putting a tiny bit of a tax form in water. Just in case it doesn't work, I'll have a jar of kan-tuck moonshine standing by.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: