Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » MicroSoft Gets Tired of Tech Support

Author Topic: MicroSoft Gets Tired of Tech Support
Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-23-2001 11:16 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Click here

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 02-24-2001 12:27 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, that was excellent. I just got through reaming a manager about reading manuals.

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-24-2001 01:39 AM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You all did notice that is really Microsofts website? I say 4 hours max until this is found out (obviously this is not an approved article posting) and removed.

Funny though .

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-24-2001 01:48 AM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wait a minute...something is funny here. None of the links work, and the email address is "al@hwnd.net."

I revise my above statement, 4 hours until Micorsoft FINDS this and has it deleted .

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 02-24-2001 02:10 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As of 0109 24 Feb, I was still able to access it. They'll find it eventually. Someone was quite creative....

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 02-24-2001 06:53 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm getting a 404 not found error now.

(Since when did MS provide tech support? If you call them, they usually put you on hold and then refuse to talk to you. At least, that's been my experience.)

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-24-2001 12:08 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What did the page say when it was accessible?

Jason Burroughs
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-24-2001 01:51 PM      Profile for Jason Burroughs   Email Jason Burroughs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scott,

Microsoft does in fact have tech support offices. In fact the list of #s available is about as long as your arm, depending on product, wether support is fee based etc....

However for the most part Microsoft does not support thier products directly, instead contracting the phone support out to other companies. This is VERY common in the industry.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 02-24-2001 02:12 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess it was taken down now. Cannot access it any more.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-24-2001 03:51 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I knew they would eventually get it taken down. So I took a screenshot of it while I could.

Click here to see the picture

The picture is big (248k) and is 1024x768 (sorry all you 800x600 users!) You can't scroll down on the picture, but you will get the gist of what this was. Now everybody can enjoy!

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 02-24-2001 04:15 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's pretty funny!

Here's what it looks like now:

click here to see the picture (60k gif, 1152x900)

(No, it isn't very exciting.)

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-24-2001 05:18 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Cool OS! Funky colors.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: