Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » How many Brad??? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: How many Brad???
Rachel Carter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-12-2001 12:08 AM      Profile for Rachel Carter   Email Rachel Carter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok Brad....I read a while back that you would post your pic when 50% of film-techers sent in their pics. You haven't got mine up yet but I did send it in....(Lucky you, I don't put my picture up anywhere unless its with a bruise on my face )

What's the count at? What percent of techers have their pictures up?

------------------
"Blood is thicker then blondes" - From the movie, Save the last Dance.

FUNNY!!!!!

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-12-2001 12:40 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
A little more than 50 members now have pictures. There are several more that will be posted sometime this week when I have the time.

There are around 700 members, but many of these registered and never posted. In the near future I am going to run a script to delete all members that have no posts and will allow the ones that have not posted at least one time in the last 6 months to be deleted by the system as well. I've been holding off to give people a chance to make some post somewhere to stay "active". We'll see how many are left at that point.

Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-12-2001 05:21 AM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be very nice if people from the Far East, South America, Africa, India, Russia, Middle East and all other places not mentioned, would join in. It would be facinating to know what's going on there too!!!

All the best, Thomas

Martin Frandsen
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-12-2001 02:04 PM      Profile for Martin Frandsen   Email Martin Frandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At first i did not like the idea of having my picture on the forum, but after a while i got used to it!

------------------
Martin Frandsen
Film crazy!, Big 70mm fan!

Andrew McCrea
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-12-2001 03:32 PM      Profile for Andrew McCrea   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew McCrea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have a scanner so I could send my pic to them to put up?

------------------
Andrew McCrea

"I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Drawn That Way!" - Jessica Rabbit

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-12-2001 03:47 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I can do scans for people, but I will be without a mailing address for the next week or two. Just email me.

Sean M. Grimes
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-12-2001 07:05 PM      Profile for Sean M. Grimes   Author's Homepage   Email Sean M. Grimes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well being the bored person that I am if you check out the Fort Worth tour you can catch a glimpse of Mr. Miller in the background reflection somewhere around I think three minutes and eleven seconds... dont have the exact time here... the steady cam work was great in that video by the way!!! What type of digital video camera did you use for that anyway? So to shed some of the mystery Mr. Miller is definitely a real person. hehee

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-12-2001 11:12 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About damn time! This is the first comment we have gotten on the Omni Tour Quicktime. Thousands of people downloaded the thing but no one ever mentions it. What's up with that? I guess they only speak up when there is a problem with the giant CPU intensive version on their slow-ass computers. Oh well, end of rant

The camera was not digital. Brad used a Canon A1 Digital to shoot. Despite the model name, the camera is 100% analog Hi8. Nothing digital about it except for the transitional effects it can do. Good camera for its day. Nowadays Hi8 is barely considered average!

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-12-2001 11:22 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Aha, so someone DID notice that. GOOD EYE! I was talking with Joe about the reflections on the glass when we were editing it. You will note that Joe did take the extra time to add a digital beard to those reflections, as homage to the fine folks at Kodak.

That interview/tour was actually shot 10 years ago. (My original edit of it was lost by a wonderful person whom I loaned the master and only tape to and then efficiently lost it! I am now quite paranoid about backups). The "talent" Mr.Glen Miller was actually one of my college roommates and no, there is no relation. Glen has since gone on to work for Spielberg in his animation division, worked for Digital Domain (did special effects for "Titanic") and has since formed a private company.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-12-2001 11:32 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good thing I used the Mac to draw those digital beards on every frame of Brad's reflection (even the distant ones). That way the beard is gauranteed to be there each time. Unlike my digital beard that I have in real life, which was made by MicroSoft. So you KNOW it is very low quality and crashes right when I'm hitting on the ladies! Not a fun experience.

Casey Kamps
Film Handler

- posted 02-16-2001 08:57 PM      Profile for Casey Kamps   Email Casey Kamps   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well then I am posting just to keep from getting the boot later on!!

Thanks for the heads up Brad.

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2001 12:01 AM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like the picture Rachel. I, however, think Brad should have just cropped down the picture of your 'booboo,' that would've looked better .

Rachel Carter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2001 12:45 AM      Profile for Rachel Carter   Email Rachel Carter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd rather not be remembered as "The Girl with the Bruise".

That picture is of the HEALED me 2 weeks after the accident...you can see my scar a bit on the right side of the picture..the pic was taken on 2/11/01...I got hit with the reel on 2/1/01. There is definatly a scar but luckily it doesn't show to much in that picture

------------------
"Blood is thicker then blondes" - From the movie, Save the last Dance.

FUNNY!!!!!

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2001 01:41 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know you were just kiddin, but I think id take rachel over a big scar, but hey thats just me!

------------------
I love to smoke I smoke seventhousand packs a day and I'm never F*&ing quittin!-- Denis Leary

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 02-17-2001 02:28 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't do it brad! Keeping your image a secret is what makes you a god!

I myself like to keep a low profile, occasionally popping up from my hole like a weasel.

Dave

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: