Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Here's What The World Is!

Author Topic: Here's What The World Is!
Andrew McCrea
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-05-2001 03:42 PM      Profile for Andrew McCrea   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew McCrea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After joking around about everything the world was, I ended up thinking that it's true! The world can be split up into 4 categories:

Family/Friends
Sex :O
Fun
Money/Work

I'm A Genius! Well, let me know if you agree or disagree... It seems like this to me!

|  IP: Logged

Jerry Chase
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-05-2001 04:27 PM      Profile for Jerry Chase   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So by that definition, the most well rounded person is an incestuous prostitute that giggles?

Alternate division of the world for techs-
The world is made up of:
A. Things you can't fix
B. Things you think you can fix, but can't
C. Things that never stay fixed
D. Things you fix that other people screw up

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 02-05-2001 04:55 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Category #1 -- Things I give a s*** about.

Category #2 -- Things I DON'T give a s*** about.

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-05-2001 05:11 PM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Long as we're gettin cosmic....
Two cosmic rules
1) Don't bug anyone
2) Don't get bugged easily

------------------
Greg Mueller
Amateur Astronomer, Machinist, Filmnut

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 02-05-2001 07:45 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's all relative...

If I stick my finger up your nose, we both have a finger up the nose.

Like I say...it's all relative.

------------------
"It's not the years, honey...it's the mileage". Indiana Jones

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-06-2001 02:06 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew,

I have to say that all the people in the world can be divided into just 2 categories:

1. Those that try to divide everyone into just 2 categories,

2. and those that don't.

Sorry. You asked for it.

Evans A Criswell

A quorum means enough people are there to start the quorrel.

Andrew McCrea
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-06-2001 03:21 PM      Profile for Andrew McCrea   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew McCrea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just Joking!

------------------
Andrew McCrea

"I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Drawn That Way!" - Jessica Rabbit

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-06-2001 06:41 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll try a different approach to categorizing people, to attempt to approach the vision of a unification of all people. This can be broken down into two ideas:

1. That underneath all people there is just one grand, ultimate abstraction that can be captured in a finitely parameterizable structure - a person with a finite number of degrees of freedom or "tunable knobs" (if we wish to be less dignified).

2. That every conceivable particular person is just a product of this abstract person with its knobs set at different values.

I can barely keep a straight face as I type the above. Can anyone guess the source of what the above parody is from?

Evans

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 02-06-2001 10:16 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you were a cat, there would only be two categories to your world:

1) When's dinner?

2) All this is MINE!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: