Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » What's the WORST movie you had to run? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: What's the WORST movie you had to run?
Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 01-31-2001 08:02 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine was the Japanese Oprah "Othello". I was even counting reels before it was over.

|  IP: Logged

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 01-31-2001 09:09 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It may not be the worst...I'd have to think about that one...but 'Scary Movie' is right up there.

George Roher
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-31-2001 10:02 PM      Profile for George Roher   Email George Roher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blair Witch Project is the worst movie I've ever run.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 01-31-2001 11:40 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Off the top of my head I would have to say this Italion Zombie horror piece of S*** called Burrial Ground. May not be the origonal title. I ran it about 15 years ago. The thing I remember is it started out with 32 people watching it and by the time the movie was over there was only 2 people left.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-01-2001 12:11 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Howard's End! This mega long movie is just about the most boring piece of crap I've ever had the displeasure of sitting through. What made it worse was there was no changeover cues and I didn't make a note of when I started it. It seemed like that first reel was going on FOREVER! Still, the movie felt like it was about 5 hours long and the basic jest of it all is a bunch of people sitting around drinking tea talking about "oh how I would just love to go to Howard's End again, blah, blah, blah. More tea?" In the last reel it turned out that "Howard's End" was a ratty old house! Geez I'd rather sit through "Jar Jar's Bumbling and Stupid Adventures The Movie" than suffer through THAT again.

Dwayne Caldwell
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-01-2001 04:13 AM      Profile for Dwayne Caldwell   Email Dwayne Caldwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of tea movies that suck, how about The Avengers? I didn't run that one nor did I pay for it (which would hardly have mattered since I left less than twenty minutes after the actual movie started, so I'm sure I'd have qualified for a refund).

The Night Flyer was pretty bad, but I'm sure I ran one that was worse. There's so many bad ones out there.

------------------
The man with the magic hands.

Frank Rapisardi
Film Handler

- posted 02-01-2001 05:11 AM      Profile for Frank Rapisardi   Email Frank Rapisardi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The worst movie I ever ran was "Last House on The Left" We would open our drive-in every season with this junker ;and do very well! Teens loved it! But what a piece of crap!I guess the important thing was that it did business.

------------------

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 02-01-2001 06:40 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most of the stuff that came out last summer would probably qualify: Battlefield Earth, Pokemon 2 ("P2k!"), etc.

Others that I didn't like: Lost World (Jurassic Park sequal; I've also run the silent by the same name), Wedding Singer, Grease (with apologies to those who like it), Waterboy (16mm), Midsummer Night's Dream (1999), probably others.

Tom Sauter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-01-2001 07:33 AM      Profile for Tom Sauter   Author's Homepage   Email Tom Sauter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two words:
Red Planet.

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-01-2001 07:55 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carnival Magic

Rocky Horror Picture Show

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-01-2001 08:02 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Conversations with Willard van Dyke and Eadweard Muybridge:Zoopraxographer

16mm double bill .Ultimate excitement

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-01-2001 08:16 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Ruling Class (1971) with Peter O'Toole. We ran it once for a special screening. Every time I saw a changeover cue, I hoped that this was going to be the end. Alas, it was not to be...

We ran GREASE for so long (at a drive-in w/changeovers) that I began to hum along with the songs and knew the dialogue at the changeover cues.
(Look at me, I'm Sandra Dee... Lousy with virginity...)

Once we ran a marathon showing of 5 Beach Party films. The field was full to the end of this mess, but nobody left until we turned up the yard lights. Must have been busy doing other things... All I remember about this night is that the prints arrived about 2 hours before showtime, and all I could do was run through them on the rewinds and hope that there was not too much damage to deal with. One print, Muscle Beach Party was brand new and had the "10th Anniversary Jubilee Attraction" (in 1964) tag on the head. All the other films looked typical for AIP.

Rachel Carter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-02-2001 01:46 AM      Profile for Rachel Carter   Email Rachel Carter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After pre-screening this movie tonight, I'd have to say "Vertical Limit".

------------------
"Blood is thicker then blondes" - From the movie, Save the last Dance.

FUNNY!!!!!

Colin Wiseley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-02-2001 11:36 AM      Profile for Colin Wiseley   Email Colin Wiseley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ken how can you knock RHPS? That's one of the greatest movies ever made.

The most painful movie I ever had to run was a documentary called Dr. Death, about a guy who invents execution devices (no pun intended).

------------------
Colin Wiseley
Lyric Theatre
Blacksburg, VA
www.thelyric.com

Mark Huff
Film Handler

- posted 02-04-2001 09:05 AM      Profile for Mark Huff   Email Mark Huff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scream was the worst for me. I loved the movie but it was so brittle it would break every show.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: