Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » GO SOONERS!!!!!!!

Author Topic: GO SOONERS!!!!!!!
Manuel Francisco Valencia
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-03-2001 10:09 AM      Profile for Manuel Francisco Valencia   Email Manuel Francisco Valencia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know this is far from the normal topics but I am a die hard OU fan and I just have to express my dedication to my team. The Sooner Magic is back and it is our destiny to win this year. Sorry all you "Noles" but this years team is perfect. OU35-FSU21

|  IP: Logged

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 01-03-2001 11:58 AM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only thing I know is "OU-812"... But that's from someplace else!

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 01-03-2001 12:05 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder what our overseas friends think when we in the USA talk about NFL or college football?

Paul Cunningham
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-03-2001 06:25 PM      Profile for Paul Cunningham   Email Paul Cunningham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder what our US friends would think if we started to talk about Australian rules football, cricket or rugby?

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-04-2001 01:49 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Surely you mean Australian"No Rules" Football

And if we tried to differentiate between Rugby League and Rugby Union thatv would certainly put the quadraped feline amongst the feral feathered bipeds.

And lets not forget Knurr and Spell ,both variations!!

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 01-05-2001 01:30 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah!!! CRICKET!!!!

Jason Burroughs
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-10-2001 11:37 AM      Profile for Jason Burroughs   Email Jason Burroughs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya have to give the Sooner's their dues. Only a couple of years ago, they were at the bottom of the heap, struggling to win games. Within 2 season they've turned their program around into a winning combination.

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-10-2001 11:56 AM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know I listen to the BBC on the radio here on the way home from work after a closing shift sometimes. Quite frankly, when they talk about Cricket I don't know what the bloody hell they are saying.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 01-10-2001 05:55 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, we get that a lot. It's a great game, but you really need to learn and know the rules (a lot of them) to enjoy it.

The one-day series open today. They are incredibly popular. Australia plays West Indies in Melbourne. Zimbabwe are also here as the third team in the series.

Paul Cunningham
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-11-2001 05:05 AM      Profile for Paul Cunningham   Email Paul Cunningham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, lets see. Cricket. Well you have a bat and ball (actually there is 2 batters playing at the same time), 2 sets of stumps, a big oval and then it gets too complicated to explain.

Paul Cunningham
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-11-2001 05:07 AM      Profile for Paul Cunningham   Email Paul Cunningham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PS I forgot to say that Australia has the best cricket team in the world.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 01-11-2001 05:34 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's probably a good reason why Austrailia has the best team...

..."there goes a long fly ball!... He's under it!... CRUNCH!!!... OOOH! He forgot to watch out for that crocodile!..."

Now THAT'S what I call a home field advantage!

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 01-11-2001 08:27 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Football is a very strange game. First, everyone lines up and bends over. Then you have some guy running down and sniffing all of their rear ends. Then, someone reaches between someone else's legs and grabs the ball, and throws it down the field, and then everyone runs down and grabs the guy who caught the ball, throws him on the ground, and groaps him.....Very strange game.....Jeech!!!!

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 01-11-2001 11:56 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...sounds like Mardi Gras.

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-12-2001 06:49 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As one who has been to ten Mardi Gras:

Thats it exactly, only everyone is smiling, throwing beads, inhailing beer, and groping everything that has a pulse...

Not me, of course...

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: