Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Screw Scary Movie!

Author Topic: Screw Scary Movie!
Andrew McCrea
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-16-2000 07:17 AM      Profile for Andrew McCrea   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew McCrea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In Canada, Scary Movie is ONLY available on DVD. You can rent it on video, but can't buy it....

What the fu**!!!

Andrew McCrea
(Sweet, Sweet, Andrew McCrea)

|  IP: Logged

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-17-2000 01:41 AM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought DVD -was- video- I hate when stores call tapes 'videos' as if laserdiscs and DVDs were something different. Anyways, this pricing scheme is just a holdover from the early days of VHS, when most pre-recorded tapes cost around $50-100, but just blank tapes were $20 at the same time. Tape's gotten cheaper but new movies are usually still priced high with the assumption only rental stores will be buying them. The disc formats have always been for the people who buy movies and are priced at more consumer-friendly levels, though I certainly appreciate the prices most DVDs have been selling for as opposed to the $35-40 laserdiscs!
I was going to buy "Scary Movie" but didn't because they took out the "Brad Pitt's ex-girlfriend is a real freak!" line. I don't buy altered versions of movies, period.

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-18-2000 09:04 AM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought "Scary Movie" on DVD last week and I have enjoyed looking at backgrounds in scenes and zooming in on things to take a closer look. Especially hilarious is the "Rated I" thing they inserted in the "previews" in the theatre scene. I zoomed in on that and for the first time, was able to read all of the fine print, the last of which said something to the effect of "Now kiss our asses and take it off pause". I nearly died laughing. I need to see if my video capture device is still working and grab that.

Evans A Criswell

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: