Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » In memory of

Author Topic: In memory of
Kevin Crawford
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-14-2000 12:57 PM      Profile for Kevin Crawford   Email Kevin Crawford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to inform everyone of the passing of Elsten Maxwell.

Some of you out on the west coast would know him from one of his many jobs for the IATSE. He was the Health and Welfare administrator for California, except LA, Chairman of Association District 2 locals, IA representative, Business Agent Local 252, representative of Local B 66, and all around good guy.

He passed Sunday Dec. 10th from complications of cancer.

|  IP: Logged

Rick Green
Film Handler

- posted 12-18-2000 09:15 PM      Profile for Rick Green   Email Rick Green   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I Knew Elsten or "Max" as he was also known, for almost 25 years. He was a hell of a nice guy, and would give you the shirt off his back if you were in need. By his actions, Elsten taught a lot of us apprentice projectionists the true meaning of brotherhood. If you had a problem in a booth, he'd drop everything & come out and help you. He was a true professional. He will be missed.

Rick Green

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: