Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Fruitcake NOT Fruitcakes!!

Author Topic: Fruitcake NOT Fruitcakes!!
Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-28-2000 09:20 AM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Several months ago we discussed "grits" - now tis the season for everyone's favorite holiday treat - Fruit cake !!

Call me weird, but I like the stuff. Anyway I told my wife I wanted the "Ultimate fruitcake", "the best there is", "just the right mixture of fruit and nuts".

The Collins Street Bakery in Corsicana, Texas bakes the best there is - so she asked if they had a web-site. I said, "Sure they do - go to www.fruitcakes.com, and order me a big'un".

When I got home from work, I was "firmly" informed that "fruitcakes.com" had plenty of "fruits, nuts & big'uns" - but NO holiday baked goods!!

The correct address was www.fruitcake.com
- singular NOT plural !!

Hard lesson learned.... pardon the pun!!

|  IP: Logged

Ky Boyd
Hey I'm #23

- posted 11-28-2000 03:59 PM      Profile for Ky Boyd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh the joys of the web.

Be careful what you ask for...for you just might get it. I'm sure those boys have recipes, but the one you are looking for.

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 11-29-2000 12:03 AM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're right about Collin Street. I generally consider fruit cake a waste of good ingredients but Collin Street fruit cakes are the very good. The rest taste like shit and would be best used as baseball bases.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: