Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Dot Com Guy

Author Topic: Dot Com Guy
Ethan Harper
E-dawggg!!!

- posted 11-10-2000 11:40 PM      Profile for Ethan Harper   Email Ethan Harper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whos is "Dot Com Guy"???

He is suppose to appear here on New Year's with 1200 lucky winners invited along other news companies to watch his worlwide press conference. Apparently he has some special announcement to make here. I don't know, Do you???

------------------
--"That's my story and i'm sticking to it!"--

|  IP: Logged

Paul Cunningham
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2000 05:42 AM      Profile for Paul Cunningham   Email Paul Cunningham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it is the person I am thinking of he is some guy who has no life and thought it would be fun to lock himself in an empty house (not even toilet paper) in his underwear with only a computer, internet access and a credit card. He then thought it would be fun to buy everything he needs on the net and live like this for 12 months with no outside help.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-12-2000 06:26 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope that credit card has a high spending limit for him to survive for a year without leaving the house! Then again, maybe he runs hundreds of adult web sites for income.

I wonder, does walking to the mailbox count as staying home, or does that disqualify him on his own rules?

Jerry Chase
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2000 10:50 AM      Profile for Jerry Chase   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I find the whole dot com guy thing particularly silly. We have hundreds of convicted felons in Florida that don't get out of the house, and survive without computers or the internet.

Once the dot com guy got his first meal or groceries delvered on time, the story was over.

OTOH, if he could get a 70 mm projector and a new print of "Lawrence" delivered, I might regain some interest.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 11-12-2000 12:53 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to Altavista, "dotcomguy"'s web site is http://www.dotcomguy.com/

I just checked it out. Jeez...some people _really_ need to get a life!

Jason Burroughs
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-15-2000 02:22 PM      Profile for Jason Burroughs   Email Jason Burroughs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From what I understand some Yutz got the concept was a take off from what someone did over in Japan (I think) This guy is supposed to live soly of the internet, and cannot leave the house. Why may you ask? Because of corporate sponsorship. If he completes the year he will be awarded a large sum of money, as well as all his bills paid. Supposed to be a 1 man "big brother" I suppose. Inital interrest was mild at best and has nosedived from there, if you check out the website, its hardly anything about what's going on, etc, but mostly advertisements.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: