Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Worst movie ever made (Page 1)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Author Topic: Worst movie ever made
Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 11-01-2000 04:20 PM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is your nomination for worst movie ever?
For years it seemed Plan 9 From Outer Space got top billing in this category but some of the crap released this year makes Plan 9 look like a blockbuster.

|  IP: Logged

Jason Burroughs
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-01-2000 06:35 PM      Profile for Jason Burroughs   Email Jason Burroughs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My vote has to go to, "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues"

Vote for movie so bad its great is "I Drink Your Blood" absolutly great with the right crowd

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-02-2000 01:41 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Jason, "I Drink Your Blood" definitely sucks big, big time. Damn funny though if you like absolutely godawful movies. For those not familiar with the movie, imagine a group of hippies traveling through a town when their van breaks down. They molest a girl and Grandpa gets real pissed about it, so he decides to take his shotgun and go take care of them. Of course, they slip him some drugs before he can finish threatening them and he is rendered useless. So the little grandson (imagine that ugly kid from "Disney's The Kid") gets mad and decides to inject blood from a rabied dog into their meat pies (apparently it is the only thing the bakery serves) and they all start foaming at the mouth and go crazy trying to kill everyone. The real funny part is they are all deathly afraid of water! Absolutely horrible. Definitely check it out!!!

My vote for worst movie of all time would have to go to "The Curse of the Queerwolf". This thing was technically shot quite poorly and the entire film was dubbed, even though the actors all spoke english. It's about a guy who picks up a girl at a club and during sex gets bit on his ass, only to find out that girl was actually a guy, and not just a guy...a queerwolf. This fellow who is now a full blown queerwolf, now turns into a raging homosexual whenever the full moon comes out. No film could possibly be any worse that this one. For a while, Blockbuster video even carried it. I'm not sure if they do anymore.

Hey Ian, you guys should book Queerwolf and see how it does!

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-02-2000 07:32 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For years, I thought "Liquid Sky" (1982) was the worst. I saw it again last night on video, and it's not so bad.

I guess my personal pick for the worst movie from a big studio would be "Return Of The Fly" from TCF. Aack!
It's not scary at all, or did I just miss something?

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 11-02-2000 05:04 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I vote for "Blair Witch Project". I could eat a can of Kodak and PUKE a better movie.

Second, I'd vote for "Battlefield Earth". That was a waste of film!

Paul Cunningham
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-02-2000 06:54 PM      Profile for Paul Cunningham   Email Paul Cunningham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only movie I have ever been on the verge of walking out on was Bad Boy Bubby aagghhh

Paul

Joseph Pandolfi
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-02-2000 08:18 PM      Profile for Joseph Pandolfi   Email Joseph Pandolfi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I say the worst movie for 2000 so far is "Time Code". I ran the 7PM showing on Saturday night and only two showed up.

Dennis Atkinson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-02-2000 09:14 PM      Profile for Dennis Atkinson   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Atkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Legend of The Lone Ranger

Dwayne Caldwell
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-03-2000 05:36 AM      Profile for Dwayne Caldwell   Email Dwayne Caldwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Randy. Apparently, you still haven't seen Blair Witch 2. Definitely upholds the general rule regarding sequels being worse than the original. Not the worst movie ever made, but pretty damn close. I can't imagine anybody worth a damn enjoying it.

------------------
The man with the magic hands.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 11-03-2000 06:23 AM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I haven't seen Bliar Wretch II.
Do you think I'd even look at the film cans after having to screen the first piece of crap?

Dwayne Caldwell
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-03-2000 03:31 PM      Profile for Dwayne Caldwell   Email Dwayne Caldwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The better for you, Randy. Detestable film.

------------------
The man with the magic hands.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 11-03-2000 03:57 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think all the peopel who thought Blair Wretch Project #1 was scarry were all mistaking NEAUSIA for being scared!

By the looks of the floors on opening weekend I'd say there were a LOT of scared people!

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-03-2000 04:25 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
When I ran the first Blair Witch Project, I changed lenses for the show. Since the masking was moveable on 3 sides, I ran trailers in scope, then did a lens change to a NEW sized lens in flat (with newly set masking motor stop-points) that only brought in the side curtains a couple of feet and raised the top masking right to the ceiling. The black sides of the image were projected on the walls and the picture fit the newly sized 1.33 screen. Surprisingly, the picture wasn't too dim! I remember hearing about lots of compliments on the rig from patrons who had seen the movie at another theater where they could not mask off the sides and/or the screen was pathetically small. Size certainly wasn't an issue at this point and there was tons of vomit to prove it!

Of course, a true academy print would've been better, but the next time I get another print in like that, I'm doing the same modification.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 11-03-2000 05:48 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The BEST modification I can think of for the Blair Wretch would involve a 55 gallon drum, a gallon of gasoline and a match!

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 11-03-2000 06:25 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Worst film ever
A fiend without a face 1950's B scifi flick
Also several Hindi films that shall remain nameless
And the Imax films Tiger Child and Journey of Discovery

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: