Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Help Wanted -- Dead End Jobs Available!

Author Topic: Help Wanted -- Dead End Jobs Available!
Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 10-25-2000 06:08 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I took this picture a while ago and now have the sudden urge to share. This is a real picture of an actual retail establishment in Shrewsbury, MA.

|  IP: Logged

Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

From: Telluride, CO, USA (733 mi. WNW of Rockwall, TX but it seems much, much longer)

- posted 10-25-2000 05:06 PM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! Don't knock it. The liquidation portion of the exhibition business should be a growth industry with the bankruptcies and the predicted closing of 10,000 screens in the next couple of years.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 10-25-2000 10:08 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! Is National Lampoon magazine still in business? They used to have a column called "True Facts" where people used to send in puctures of things like that. If they printed your picture you used to get a free T-Shirt or something like that.

{National Lampoon are the people who did Animal House and a few other movies like that. They also had a record, years ago, that had a picture on the cover with a picture of a cute-looking dog with a gun to its head. The caption said, "Buy this record or we'll shoot this dog!"}

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-30-2000 10:23 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another National Lampoon album was "The Missing White House Tapes" released in the mid 70's. Still have it. It was a highly edited and pretty well done item. Also full of profanity. I found my copy in the Baptist college bookstore!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: