Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Twin moons over Bradford (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Twin moons over Bradford
Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-26-2000 03:18 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just thought i would pass on an entertaining little moment that happened to me a few weeks ago.

I was working on one of the projectors in the Imax projection room after a motor problem when there was a loud knocking. I looked round to see two girls about 14 -15 years old
smiling and waving at me through the public viewing window in the rear wall of the booth.
I waved back and got on with what I was doing.

A few minutes later there was another knock and I turned again expecting to see another smiling punter.

What I actually saw was the two girls who had been there previously but this time with their jeans and pants round their ankles and their cheeks pressed firmly against the glass.

Brought a smile to my face Anything similar happened to anyone out there?

|  IP: Logged

Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-27-2000 01:17 AM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Dick,

I can imagine they were smiling and waving at the sexy IMAX projector, not you!

You friend, Thomas

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 09-27-2000 07:53 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dick they probably wanted the case of guiness that was proping up the reel unit

Rachel Kovacs
Film Handler

- posted 09-27-2000 09:29 PM      Profile for Rachel Kovacs   Email Rachel Kovacs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mmmmmmmmmmmm...... Guinness.......

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-28-2000 02:32 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mr McCleod

Shame on you! I would never allow cannned or bottled Guinness in my projection room. Only draught ( or draft as you may say) is good enough. If anyone asks just tell'em the barrel is a new water cooling recirc bucket you're trying out!!

Ben Wales
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-28-2000 08:54 AM      Profile for Ben Wales   Email Ben Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gord -Dick they probably wanted the case of guiness that was proping up the reel unit.

Gord: They only drink Tetley Bitter up in Yorkshire, certainly not Guiness!!.

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-28-2000 09:23 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ben
I wouldn't swillout my toilet with Tetley bitter.There's more flavour and alcohol in a wine gum!!

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 09-28-2000 07:42 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The most popular drink sold at the bar here at City Screen York seems to be Stella Artois, which is about as Yorkshire as General de Gaulle... We do sell two bottled beers from York's very own brewery, which smell like projector oil and taste even worse (there again, I'm a 'southern wuss' recently relocated from Devon, and so am probably not a very good judge).

As for exhibitionists behind the projection box, our problem is exactly the opposite - exhibitionists in front of it. In screens 1 and 2 the portholes are only a couple of feet above the back row of seats. One snotty little brat once put a bag on a porthole ledge - so when I did a changeover 20 mins into a film, the screen went blank.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 09-28-2000 07:50 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I once sujested that a suitable alcholic beverage would be good in the CCU but they though tomany people would dip into the resorvoir

Martin Frandsen
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2000 09:15 AM      Profile for Martin Frandsen   Email Martin Frandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well let's all drink to that!

Rachel Kovacs
Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2000 04:26 PM      Profile for Rachel Kovacs   Email Rachel Kovacs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Martin-- Where in the WORLD did you find that (incredibly cool, might I add) smilie???

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2000 04:28 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well now...

This thread went from a nice cute little ancedote about 2 girls mooning a sexy projector, and it IMMEDIATELY dives into a drunken brawl!

My Kind Of Thread!

Why do I never get to see these things in the audio-visual business?

**sigh**

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 10-18-2000 10:31 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Dick I just got back from Showeast with one of your fellow countrymen from across the pond and beside our hotel was a nice little pub called the Harry ramsbottom. It was operated by a Yorkshireman and I must say since the house ale was Tetleys I found it quit enjoyable. (maybe the trip accross the pond ages it better)
But it was definetly better than the local stuff that was being served
They had a good steak and Kidney Pie and a good sunday roast
But the sheppards pie seemed a bit gritty (probably made from Wallace(( after he ate Albert))
enjoyable time was had by all

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-19-2000 02:42 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And I bet it was warm and sunny too!!

I don't know if it is still there but there used to be a bar across from the Toronto Downtown Holiday Inn which I think was called Fosters.
When I visited there in March 1987, during the first Imax projectionists seminar,they not only served Tetleys but also that other great Yorkshire degreasing agent Websters Bitter
As i said to the guy behind the bar, when he had correctly identified I was from God's own county , I haven't travelled 3000 miles to drink beer that is brewed 9 miles from my home that I wouldn't drink there!
I much preferred the Arkells beer from Guelph which is the other beer they offered.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 10-20-2000 07:37 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry they are no longer there
from the Guelph kitchener area is an excellent ale called Wellington County ale
It is a live cask ale and very enjoyable

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: