Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Films with better sequels (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Films with better sequels
Steven Clode
Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2000 03:57 PM      Profile for Steven Clode   Email Steven Clode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My contribution to this has to start with the following Empire Strikes Back, Aliens, Godfather Part 2, Toy story 2. This is not that easy but i am sure you film fanatics can come up with some more

|  IP: Logged

Mark Huff
Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2000 05:23 PM      Profile for Mark Huff   Email Mark Huff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Austin Powers 2

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2000 06:46 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Richard Quesnelle
Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2000 07:50 PM      Profile for Richard Quesnelle   Email Richard Quesnelle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terminator 2 was better than the original. Steven, you probably listed the best of.

Joe Grace
Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2000 08:58 PM      Profile for Joe Grace   Email Joe Grace   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would DEFINATLY say that Star Trek 2, the Wrath Of Kahn, was 10 times better than star trek the motion picture! Hands Down! Too bad I didnt get to see it on the big screen!

Joe

Wade Brashers
Film Handler

- posted 08-18-2000 02:32 AM      Profile for Wade Brashers   Email Wade Brashers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Evil Dead 2

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 08-18-2000 02:40 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
>>Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom<<

Firstly, technically it was a prequel as it was set three years earlier than Raiders...

Secondly, ARE YOU SERIOUS???!!!

I liked Temple also, but it should be made abundantly clear to all that there is nothing better than Raiders Of The Lost Ark.

Odd sequel #1: 'Surf 2' (1984)...There was no 'Surf 1'.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-18-2000 05:34 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Superman II (but not 3 or 4, by a long shot!)

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-18-2000 05:35 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe Mike S. was saying that Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade was better than Temple of Doom. He'd get my agreement there!

Dwayne Caldwell
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-18-2000 08:48 PM      Profile for Dwayne Caldwell   Email Dwayne Caldwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Rescuers Down Under. That's much better than its predecessor.

------------------
The man with the magic hands.

Steven Clode
Film Handler

- posted 08-19-2000 07:49 AM      Profile for Steven Clode   Email Steven Clode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to clear it up for you Richard i certainly did list the best, but how anyone can say Temple of Doom was better than Raiders i don't know, and as for The Spy who Shagged Me well its just a carbon copy of the original with a bigger budget , same jokes similar plot but i am not saying its not a work of genious Mike Myers should be crowned King of England and be allowed to reign as he sees fit(Austin Powers would make a great King). After all he's alot better looking the Charles even with dodgy teeth.Has any one got any comments on other MM films one of my favorites has to be So i married an Axe murderer??????

Dave Bird
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-19-2000 08:40 AM      Profile for Dave Bird   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Piper doooooooooooooon!

Mark Huff
Film Handler

- posted 08-19-2000 09:26 AM      Profile for Mark Huff   Email Mark Huff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What about Leonard part 6 (Starring Bill Cosby). Where was 1 thur 5.

Kevin Crawford
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-19-2000 11:17 PM      Profile for Kevin Crawford   Email Kevin Crawford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would say that Army of Darkness was even better that the sequel of Evil Dead 2.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 08-20-2000 04:43 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
>>What about Leonard part 6 (Starring Bill Cosby). Where was 1 thur 5.<<

These were made but never released as they were not anywhere near as good as 'Leonard Pt 6'.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: