Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Who the HECK are you?? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 56 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  54  55  56 

Author Topic: Who the HECK are you??
Paul Goulet
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-21-2000 11:12 PM      Profile for Paul Goulet   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Goulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
I have 4 Questions to ask EVERYONE on this great forum: Who Are you? What is your position in the Company you are with? Where are you located? and When did you start in this position? I figured this way we could all get to know who each other is and where they work, etc.
So here goes...

Paul Goulet
Assistant Manager,Tri-Boro Cinemas
North attleboro, Massachusetts
Since 1992

Thanks!!

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-22-2000 01:46 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm the guy who runs this crazy place.

I am an independent tech as well as the inventor of FilmGuard.

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 07-22-2000 02:16 AM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am Chief Technician for Cinema West Theatres (75 screens/12 locations)

Our main office is located in Petaluma, CA (about 45 miles north of San Francisco)

I started in this position with this company in mid-1996, however I have over 25 years of cinema projection experience in several theatres, both indoor, drive-in, and specialty services (dailies, festivals, studio screenings, etc) in all formats from standard 8mm to 35mm interlocked mag fullcoat... I also perform these services as a freelancer.

Aaron Sisemore
Chief Technician
Cinema West Theatres

[ 03-18-2007, 02:44 AM: Message edited by: Aaron Sisemore ]

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2000 02:19 AM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike Spaeth
General Manager
Cinemark Movies 8 (Mankato, MN)
been with the company since March 1999, GM since March 2000.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-22-2000 03:46 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am the mighty JOE REDIFER! Bow before me!

While Brad runs this web site, I go and screw it up when he isn't lookin'. Any time you see an error or the page loads slow, that's just me gettin' my chuckles.

I write the reviews for this site. I hate crappy products! But I love well-made products, as well as products that perform well for their price and those that have cool innovations.

Frank Rapisardi
Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2000 05:30 AM      Profile for Frank Rapisardi   Email Frank Rapisardi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To Paul Goulet: How do you folks compete against Showcase Cinemas?They killed almost all competion in the Merrimack Valley in Ma.Also are you the independent thats owned by Bob Barsamiun? I have been trying for years to purchase the old Plaistow Drive In;in Plaistow N.H. It's owned by Plaistow Drive-In Inc.)That's him!He claims he doesn't own it yet his company pays the taxes on it.What's up with that? Frank Rapisardi FRapis8095@AOL.com

------------------

Paul Goulet
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2000 07:47 AM      Profile for Paul Goulet   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Goulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

RE: "How do you folks compete against Showcase Cinemas?They killed almost all competion in the Merrimack Valley in Ma"..Well, with the fine Management of David Fuller and with the Assistance of myself, we have been able to keep the local customer base that we had before the Showcase moved in down the street, and with the support of the community of the Attleboro Area We survive! Now, as far as ownership, All I know is that little elves deliver my Pay check on Fridays!!!

Aaron Mehocic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2000 08:32 AM      Profile for Aaron Mehocic   Email Aaron Mehocic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My name is Aaron Mehocic and I work for New Castle Theaters Inc. in New Castle, Pennsylvania. I am the head projectionist at Westgate Cinemas 9 located on State Street. I started with the company in January, 1991, as an usher, and worked my way up to assistant manager in April, 1993. I then transfered into the booth in May, 1996, when I could not handle the public anymore.

Tom Ferreira
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2000 08:34 AM      Profile for Tom Ferreira   Email Tom Ferreira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am Tom Ferreira, manager of the Claremont Cinema Center, Claremont, New Hampshire. We are part of a small independent circuit owned by Boston Concessions Group out of Cambridge, Mass. I was hired fifteen years ago as a projectionist in North Conway, NH, for the same company, under different ownership. I paid my dues for thirteen years as a projectionist and assistant manager, before relocating to manage this facility.
Yes, Tri-Boro is part of our circuit, where Paul Goulet fights off the evil Showcase challenge, as is the Mt. Valley Mall Theatre in North Conway, where Chris Barahona sells tickets for R Rated Films to twelve year olds against his better judgment.
Other locations in the circuit are in Windham and Wells, Maine
; Newport, Rhode Island; Brattleboro and West Dover, Vermont; Brockton and Pittsfield, Massachusetts.
Bob Barsamian is not the principle owner of the circuit, though several years ago, he was.
I don't get involved in company politics and ownership issues; like Paul said, Magic Fairies deliver our paychecks.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 07-22-2000 09:00 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My name is on the left. I am motion picture Service technician for CLACO Equipment And Service in Salt Lake City, UT. Have been here since Sept 1st, befor that at General Theatrical Supply in SLC for 3 and a half years. I am also certified by Strand Lighting, and Colortran as the mountain states service representative. Before moving to Salt Lake City I ran my own service company in the Chicago area for over 15 years selling, installing, and repairing equipment all over northern Indiana, northern Illinois, and the southern half of Wisconsin. While in the midwest I provided dailies setups for over 35 feature films shooting on location. Before my time in this buisness I worked in electronics, mainly television, but also worked several years for Canon USA repairing cameras and lenses(till I developed eye trouble from it), before that I was at Panasonic for 5 years as a bench tech. Before this stuff not much matters.  -
I restore old pre 1950's televisions and enjoy large format photography, hiking, snowshoeing, horse back riding, and too many other things as hobbies. There's way too much to do here in Utah!!
Mark

Paul Goulet
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2000 09:08 AM      Profile for Paul Goulet   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Goulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HEY TOM!
I said "little elves deliver my Pay check on Fridays!!!", Not "Magic Fairies deliver our paychecks".. but hey, Fairies...elves.. as long as I get it on Fridays, it doesnt matter to me!!

Lance C. McFetridge
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2000 11:04 AM      Profile for Lance C. McFetridge   Email Lance C. McFetridge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Lance. I am a general contractor in Upstate New York. I built my three screen by renovating an old grocery store. Gord Mcleod gets me out of any trouble I get into, and he designed and installed the booth layout. We are an independant theatre, and I have the cleanest theatre in 8 counties. And I sell screen ads!!!
lance

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2000 01:14 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian Price
Co-Owner along with Ky Boyd
Rialto Cinemas Lakeside www.rialtocinemas.com
6-months

1998-2000 ACE Audio Visual as an installer.
1991-1997 United Artists Greenwood Plaza as Head Projectionist where I worked with Joe Redifer. (All the rumors are true.)
1985-1990 Landmark Theatres in Denver, CO as Assistant Manager.

Greg Anderson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2000 03:44 PM      Profile for Greg Anderson   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-22-2000 04:04 PM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 56 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  54  55  56 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: