Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Bob Maar's Joke-A-Thon   » Dirty Filthy Disgusting Joke.

Author Topic: Dirty Filthy Disgusting Joke.
Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 02-05-2007 07:19 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated X [Eek!]

'Aristocrats' unveils the world's dirtiest joke
100 comedians try to tell the same joke and make it funny.[/b]

By Jocelyn Ehnstrom

The beginning of the joke is always the same: A man walks into a talent agency and pitches a family act to the talent scout.

What is then described is some of the most despicably lewd acts imaginable involving rape, feces, incest and occasionally bestiality. Then when the deplorable acts are through being described the stunned talent agent requests to know the name of this outrageous act, the man retorts, "The Aristocrats!"

This mediocre joke has been told since the days of vaudeville, but always backstage and only long after the audience has gone home. The joke's permanence through the years relies on the fact that while the beginning and ending always remain untouched, the comedian is given carte blanche for the joke's beefy interior. It allows for a kid in the candy store type free-for-all where one-upping your peer's offensiveness is the ultimate goal, and nothing is considered off limits. Much like a fingerprint, each telling is entirely unique to each comedian.

After catching your breath from an hour and a half of bellyaching laughter you will realize "The Aristocrats" isn't as satisfying a comedy as its reputation had lead you to believe and, surprisingly, the movie's flaw isn't because of the joke's extreme vulgarity. The self-deprecating comedians who make up the cast are the first to point out that the joke itself isn't very funny, and relies on a punch line that isn't substantial enough a payoff for what the buildup requires. The joke's humor is lost during the length of its offensiveness, not in the actual lewdness itself. In its untouched retelling legendary comedians such as George Carlin and Bob Saget seem like dirty old men rather than kings of comedy and it's only comedians who tweak the classic telling of the joke that give the film its moments of greatest hilarity. Sarah Silverman's rendition along with deadpan delivery is reason alone to see the film, and if more of the comedian's punch lines delivered this type of a bang, I would be more willing to hand over my dollar.

|  IP: Logged

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 04-14-2008 04:29 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 433 days since the last post.

Bob Maar

- posted 04-14-2008 04:29 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated R [Smile]

Do you know why nurses make the worst lovers?

Because they’re taught to wait until the swelling goes down. [Big Grin]

Bob Maar

- posted 04-14-2008 04:36 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rated G [Smile]

A young boy was taken away from his parents because he was being abused. The case goes to court, and the judge turns to the little boy and says "Son, If you had to chose who you wanted to live with, would you chose your mom, or your dad?"

The little boy thinks for a couple minutes and replies "Well.. I don’t want to live with my dad cuz he beats me.... And I don’t want to live with my mom, cuz she beats me too.

Soo.... I guess I’d like to live with the Toronto Maples Leafs... cuz they don’t beat ANYONE!!" [Big Grin]

Jonathan Worthing
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-23-2008 06:07 AM      Profile for Jonathan Worthing   Email Jonathan Worthing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] Rated X

What do you call a rabbit with a bent cock.

FUCKS FUNNY

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: